Guild: NoU

[PURE] Battle for Lions Arch 1 Player NoU 8 hour 0 min

Post by Shade »

Shade
In-game name: Shade In The Box

Re: [PURE] Battle for Lions Arch 1 Player NoU 8 hour 0 min

Post by Shade »

Just a few things I wanted to say: No disrespect or trolling to the mods time with this post. There are plenty of meme posts, even a 145 hour gwamm post, so I see no issue with people posting whatever they want here in other. I never planned on someone to watch it, if anything I was expecting some fun flaming comments and to move on.

If Frs got upset, that was not my intention, and to avoid wasting your time in the future, I recommend communicating to the posters first before getting upset at other people. We have this amazing website built for us, why refuse to communicate before resorting to getting your panties in a knot? Like hey, poster, this seems a little obnoxious do you really expect me to verify that?

Anyways, also to correct a few things I saw, this was a little more than "spam sniper for 8 hours", I came here hoping to find if someone else soloed it for fun to see if there was something to learn and there was not that I found. I posted it here as a placeholder if I wanted to revisit it on my main as I think I could get it subcon and theres a lot of small cool things I learned.

I was actually not supposed to complete this quest with this build, we were trying ideas out. It just happened to work. Sniper was used only when I messed up and died, which spawned me inside of 50 enemies. I had limited cons, and pstones, as like I said I wasnt planning on getting through it all with what I had. So to get out of that situation where I die on spawn, I would have to do a few things:

- Find the enemies that could possibly have a rez
- Check what build they had to see if it was one that had a rez
- Figure out which enemies were in the groups of enemies with a rez, as they will not rez enemies outside of their own group even if they are all balled on top of me. Which was cool to learn.

After figuring this out, the sniping began, until we finally got to a point I could survive and escape. One escaped, it was a lot easier and didnt require spamming sniper. To add to some interesting things I foud out:

- well for starters, getting salma to safety to never fail
- you can change the order of the waves based on how you go about killing enemies
- how to consistently pull enemies farther than their pull range and then stick them to disable their ai and split them from the group
- eles will stay and auto you after their group breaks for a bit, allowing you to kill them separate from the group
- the final monk boss wouldnt heal anyone outside his aggro bubble
- the npcs with names spawn infinitely

Im sure a lot was known by people who did this quest a lot or maybe some general mechanics may be known by others but these were interesting things I found when doing it and had to take advantage of. so tldr: wasnt just sniper spam (tho lets be real a lot of it was), and communicate with the community before raging about people making posts, might save yourself some time as a mod! take care!

Aria
In-game name: Aria Moonshot
Guild: [モvェム]

Post by Aria »

I have a guildy doing the same solo iron challenge so I can appreciate the time/planning involved.

I'm gonna agree with you in that I didn't feel the need for a moderator to go out of his way to beat your record and replace it with his; :weirdchamp: moment. A simple (I'm not watching this for 8 hours, rejected) would have sufficed. ;)

However it's within his and anyones right to beat a record under the category it was submitted.

It's just become needlessly hostile here, so do not even think to apologize or assume you have trolled/disrespected anyone. Personally I've decided to stop seeking approval for records after the couple I am working on. I'll keep them for my Discord/YouTube to watch and stop coming here altogether.

I get the impression you feel the same, gl.

Frs_
In-game name: I Dont Like Germans
Guild: kys / eC

Post by Frs_ »

You guys really don't understand ? We've been mods for a month, the third submission I get is this. Do I "go out of my way" and not approve this arbitrarily ? An 8 hour PURE record is, to me, only trolling towards whoever got to approve it. There was no reason for me to reject it so I decided to do it fast to set a rule for records like this. So, please, if in the future you want to post another retarded record, at least have the decency to put it [TAS] so you don't waste anyone's time. Glad you learned basic game knowledge during last quest of WiK tho

Shade
In-game name: Shade In The Box

Post by Shade »

Taking ur new job uber seriously to just say no to a post damn. now we are being told what we can and cant post :(

BackTwoBaySix
In-game name: Back Two Bay Six
Guild: Aria

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

Why would putting it as TAS change anything

keaz
Guild: [SenT]

Post by keaz »

BackTwoBaySix wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:45 am
Why would putting it as TAS change anything
If its pure, doesnt he have to go over everything to check if there is no 3rd party used at some point (theoretically) ? If its already submitted as TAS, theres no real point I guess