[TAS] 11min Solo Ruins of Surmia [IT]

Submit your current-meta and all-time mission records
Missions do not include The Deep or Urgoz's Warren whose records should be submitted in the Elite Area Records subforum.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

[TAS] 11min Solo Ruins of Surmia [IT]

Post by Flo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-3hNhrpeUE

Time for an essay again (last essay: viewtopic.php?t=2384)
1. Devourer bodyblocks are cancer and Rurik will manage to get stuck literally everywhere in the first part of the mission. Still, the most reliable way to do do the devourer part is with 2 large pulls - for the second pull you need Rurik to have some distance so he doesnt aggro stuff, and the ranger devourers do not really deal any damage. You can even leave 3 or so alive and they re not gonna do anything to him. I only kill the devourers at 0:51 because they would probably bodyblock him. I intentionally do not ball the 2 devourers at 1:05, as I want one of them to survive for Rurik to attack it. Getting rupted is not an issue, because devourers need 10 or so adrenalin to rupt, which they re never gonna get.
2. The second large pull is cancer as well, you can get stuck everywhere. You may use dc to not get stuck, but only early during the poll, otherwise its not recharged and you kinda want the pstone for later. Need to be careful not to dc to far to not break enemies. If first group of 2nd large ball has exactly one necro, it will fall pretty far behind as it tries to cast 3 skills on your (this doesnt happen if you have >2 necros, they will only cast each spell once in total). If Rurik aggroes one of them its joever. It is possible to kill all enemies, including the first devourer boss and the 3 normal devourers in the single spike with good enough spawns, but that only worked a single time. You really need to step away from the corpses, else you might get spiked with putrip explosion if any necro survived. PB for having all devourers dead is like ~2:05, so this run was not even that great spawn wise. But, I get a really good tenuge (without a healer, which is bad later).
3. Afterwards it gets way easier. For the whole Charr part number 1 priority is to get honor down on as many as possible, which is why my movement seems a little weird (but its definitely worth it). Charr rangers can rupt, but you just yolo it, there are not so many of them. CHarr chaots can rupt as well, but nothing you can do about it. Waiting for them to start attack animations seems to help a little, but maybe I am just imagining that.
4. Its quite likely to get aggro from the group at 5:53. If that happens there is huge timelos, because Rurik runs of, you need to kill all of them, and then return. Pretty much gg go next if you aggro.
5. At 7:25 need to place the metor shower away from the tengus, else they die. Unfortuntely, I mess up this strat later (9:40), which is probably the biggest misplay of the run, killing my very good tengus tight away and nearly throwing the run.
6. You can dc up the wall at 7:55, but you cannot dc down to the rangers near the gate/lever, unless they spawned super far to the west and then pull them even further. Imo best use of pstone if its still up, could also be saved for a honor rupt later.
7. Then kill all the remaining groups of 2 char, ideally using melee charr to kill casters or balling them up, alternatively using honor in between them.
8. In the end, you do not need to kill the final boss (in this run he ends up dieing to the minions, but that is not required), but you do need to kill the 2 warriors in his group. After killing the last charr of the 5th and final group, it takes about 23 seconds consistently for Rurik to open the gate and the mission to end.

I have a hard time seeing an age 10 happening, that would need some major time save / discovery.

Frs_
In-game name: I Dont Like Germans
Guild: kys / eC

Re: [TAS] 11min Solo Ruins of Surmia [IT]

Post by Frs_ »