[TAS] 9min Solo The Dragons Lair with bonus [IT]

Submit your current-meta and all-time mission records
Missions do not include The Deep or Urgoz's Warren whose records should be submitted in the Elite Area Records subforum.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

[TAS] 9min Solo The Dragons Lair with bonus [IT]

Post by Flo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tFhs4hZM-M

This mission is pretty brutal and there is a lot of cringe shit that can go wrong. I am playing very carefully in some parts which looks pretty stupid, and some other parts look bad every single run. Anyways, I am pretty happy with this result.

Concept:
General & build: Glint forces you to bring an interrupt for crystal hibernation, and lyssas assault is a good choice for monk, necro, ele, and warrior bosses as well. If you want to finish in less than age 11 you cannot pop a stone for monkboss, so you need to be able to kill the 2 monks that are near him. This forces you to either pull them very far away (which isnt really feasible) or have vos and sand shards with honor and some additional aggro. Then you need a tiny bit of survivability for the necro rooms (and some of the bosses if you get unlucky), otherwise they kill you pretty frequently. You could bring grenths aura or mystic vigor, but it turns out those only help very marginally for necro room (because you can activate grenths while running past some enemies to get 1-3x the healing) and deaths charge allows for decent timesave through the run and a much smoother ranger and mesmer boss. That being said, I died at ranger quite often and ele and warrior bosses sometimes get pretty spicy, this would be much more consistent with grenths aura / mystic vigor.

1. Monk: Pull the 2 monks on top of each other, aggro 2 of the melees (not all 4), so they die with 2 swings. If you pull more than 2 melee enemies, the damage is spread out more and the monkboss might have enough time to walk up and heal. The monk boss will not heal the melees, only the monks. Rupt the healing signet, cast asuran scan when he casts guardian and a second asuran scan when the first one is recharged + 1 second. Ideally you want to asuran scan anything except the boss, because the boss has 50% reduced hex duration because it is prohecies.
2. Ranger: Run through until ranger boss, cast enchantments along the way to ensure 100% hp when I arrive at boss. Wait for patrols to ball up on ranger boss so they pull in to use throw dirct, which gives more damage via sand shards and vos. Cast honor directly after the ranger boss uses an attack skill, else it will most likely rupt (and daze).
3. Mesmer: When entering mesmer room, you can spawn in the middle of 3 mesmers right away, and if you have enchantments up they will instantly deal up to 3x120=360 damage. Also, in those room you do not want to go above 20 energy, else you will get energy burned. This is why I spam enchantments, and cancel honor casts to waste energy. Eventually dc on the boss, kill the 2 nearby chaos storm users and finish the boss. Diversion is no problem because skills get recharged from morale boost anyways. Casting honor directly after dc is fine because the mesmers are busy casting something else and wont rupt.
4. Necro: You need to be full HP before aggroing the first necro, and then dc fairly optimally at some point midway to get casted on less. Also use iau early to reduce cold damage. This is pretty tight and you can fail here with unlucky spawns. Sometimes you can not avoid a caster group on the lake, which will most likely kill you. You could save a couple of hitpoints with a cold shield. Pull scarbs into necroboss to make the kill faster, then rupt his healing.
5. Ele: Cast first iau as late as possible so you can dc away from the shock eles before it expires (worked in this run), but even when getting knock down this isnt necessarily a death because you are quite tanky. If you think you ll get knocked, cast mystic regen and sand shards before so you have more armor. Also lightning shield. Killing ele with 5 additional enemies is pretty spicy, also you might have bad iau timing. Luckily you are only at 8% morale here so you can pstone.
6. Warrior: Knockdown and iau timing here are extremely cringe because the bar doesnt have a speedboost. This run looks terrible at warrior boss, but it was only slightly below average. The enemies there actually deal a lot of damage so I had to run away to regen some and dc for healing.
7. Glint: Jagged crystal skin means you can not deal physical damage at all once she activatives it, so you cant have physical tengus because else you will die. Switch to elemental weapon. I cast vos once at the beginning, but then do not recast it because vos deals slashing damage. Rupt crystal hibernation.

An 8 might hypothetically be possible (I think my sum of best segments would be sufficient with a great tengu spawn for glint) but there is so insanely much RNG so I do not think that is gonna happen, at least not with this bar. Also, every run past monkboss requires a red rock, and every run past ranger boss requires blue and green rocks, so it gets pretty expensive fast because all the other stuff afterwards needs to work out and you cannot have a single physical tengu at glint.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Aria
In-game name: Aria Moonshot
Guild: [モvェム]

Re: [TAS] 9min Solo The Dragons Lair with bonus [IT]

Post by Aria »

impressive tactic

i tried it almost the same way with 2 skills different (dc,ebshoh) and left it because too inconsistent/rage-inducing
you made it look easy though, gg . the removal of energy using skill cancel was particularly nice, the run through necro area was unnerving too.

I am not able to try beat it atm since i am broke in-game, although maybe i will take your tips and try for another day.

Frs_
In-game name: I Dont Like Germans
Guild: kys / eC

Re: [TAS] 9min Solo The Dragons Lair with bonus [IT]

Post by Frs_ »

time for minutes based : 9min
time for second based : 9min58s

good one tbh