14min UW by DaWn

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: 14min UW by DaWn

Post by Nika »

Sylars wrote:The only legitimate use of toolbox inside a record run is having the timer display the accurate time.
Before you say any other word. Learn to argue, to defend your own point without taking the power out of your own argumentation. Thank you :)
Kinda dumb to claim one thing here and say the opposite in another thread.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Mind showing me where I am contradictionary? I did not claim the opposite in another thread.

Very civil and mature by the way, turning discussion into "learn to argue". Yet, there are no arguments from the pro-toolbox side whatsoever.

Jang
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Jang »

okay the arguments of pro toolbox just for you
1) you can't rly check whether people have used it or not aside of requiring videos and not everybody can record/upload videos without lagging etc.

2)the advantage given by a pcons popper is very small to non existant depending on the area and party size therefore it makes not much sense to ban toolbox for this plus non toolbox users can just use a macro to have pretty much equal chances

3) quest taker makes things like gakiway 4h or mnts just more consistant but not faster at all

4) telehack doesn't speed you up because you can't split up properly if you are using it (an exception for this would be solo uw but solo hasn't ever been done completely so i don't think it's a reason to ban toolbox)

the only thing everybody agrees on (i think) is that hos'ing from ghosts is unfair even though there are only very few cases where this is useful but imo its not enough of a reason to ban toolbox for every record especially because it's not even useful in all elite areas

Rocks4Free
In-game name: Marlana
Guild: DS

Post by Rocks4Free »

Jang wrote:okay the arguments of pro toolbox just for you
1) you can't rly check whether people have used it or not aside of requiring videos and not everybody can record/upload videos without lagging etc.

2)the advantage given by a pcons popper is very small to non existant depending on the area and party size therefore it makes not much sense to ban toolbox for this plus non toolbox users can just use a macro to have pretty much equal chances

3) quest taker makes things like gakiway 4h or mnts just more consistant but not faster at all

4) telehack doesn't speed you up because you can't split up properly if you are using it (an exception for this would be solo uw but solo hasn't ever been done completely so i don't think it's a reason to ban toolbox)

the only thing everybody agrees on (i think) is that hos'ing from ghosts is unfair even though there are only very few cases where this is useful but imo its not enough of a reason to ban toolbox for every record especially because it's not even useful in all elite areas

1) Everyone who dont have a 15 years old pc surely CAN record and upload a video ... you want a record listed here, just spend 1-2hours after the run!
2) Totally wrong that there is like a "non existand" advantage ... it gives you an advantage if you dont have to carry about sweets the whole run and ofc its much faster than doing it manually!
3) You call it "consistant", i call it POSSIBLE if you fail fast quest and ofc it's even faster!
4) I can agree to that!
The thing with hos from a gitb: i saw enough peeps abusing this hack last weeks/month ... so it must be really funny feeling as those peeps still use it.

But its still funny to see people trying to legit a cheat/hack ... toolbox is nothing more than it.

Freaky™

Post by Freaky™ »

He used toolbox, who are you to say and how is he going to proove that other features of toolbox werent used?
therefore this record is hacked , and should NOT be accepted.
-edit
Thats the point , record is SOMETHING, that chance of ALL areas doing well is what gives meaning to a record, kapish?

Jirina
In-game name: Jirina Capova/Alainasyeva
Guild: The Dawn Of Legends [DaWn]

Post by Jirina »

I find it very, very funny that some of these users (freaky, chipotle) had only created their GWSCR accounts days AFTER this record was posted to say something, not including their in game names. You don't have to hide to say something ;). I say leave it up to James. If it gets accepted great, if not then it's not like we can't do it without the /age tool from toolbox, I mean what could we use to possibly speed up our run SO fast to a 14? Plus we got our record with 2 days of pushing, if you think it will be that hard without our use of the /age hotkey (which the 14 was impossible without with!), then guess we're going to have to do another. :)
Last edited by Jirina on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

Jirina wrote:If it gets accepted great, if not then it's not like we can't do it without toolbox, I mean what could we use to possibly speed up our run SO fast to a 14?
Probably, probably not. I don't think so, but that's not the point. You can't forbid the use of hacks in records and then accept one done with the use of those.

jon comgree
In-game name: joncom gree
Guild: [hS]

Post by jon comgree »

still waiting on evidence of how toolbox actually sped up the run by more than 2 seconds.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

jon comgree wrote:still waiting on evidence of how toolbox actually sped up the run by more than 2 seconds.
Even if it didn't speed up the run at all, point still stands. Is it so hard to understand what the rules are about?

Moreso, even if the speedrun was just 0.01 compared to non toolbox, it's still against the rules.

jon comgree
In-game name: joncom gree
Guild: [hS]

Post by jon comgree »

Sylars wrote:
jon comgree wrote:still waiting on evidence of how toolbox actually sped up the run by more than 2 seconds.
Even if it didn't speed up the run at all, point still stands. Is it so hard to understand what the rules are about?

Moreso, even if the speedrun was just 0.01 compared to non toolbox, it's still against the rules.
Don't see you giving a shit about any other records that have used toolbox. Has Dawn getting 14min UW made you feel bad in some way?

7.) You may not use 3rd party tools to make actions possible that otherwise are not. This includes but is not limited to taking quests from UW Reapers in aggro, fast teleporting to reapers, etc. IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO WITHOUT A 3RD PARTY TOOL, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. Autoclick macros are fine (pcons etc).