Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Re: Rule update

Post by Eva is impressed »

Damn Andrew they'll again tell you missed the point and you have bullshit arguments because they can't counter that.

Falko
In-game name: Jayden Silada
Guild: UP

Post by Falko »

This discussion is very similiar to the one people are having about sports. Ask yourself, do you believe all the records in sports are "clean", even though doping is prohibited? If you ban toolbox and stuff I assume you will always ask yourself the same question about the Guild Wars records.

Ros
In-game name: Ros Zator
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Ros »

Indeed quite a useless discussion, since Toolbox and other 3rd party programs will always be here as long as you can play the game, and there's not much we can do about it. And Anet doesn't seem to put too much interest in this game anymore either.

In my opinion tho it's rather easy; follow the rules. A timer for example is completely fine according to ANet, because just as a texmod, it only changes the appearence of the game. However toolbox does have features wich are not allowed, an example is popping pcons.

"Rules of Conduct 22. You may not use any third-party program (such as a "bot") in order to automate gameplay functions"

So for short I think you should have to follow the set rules in order to get a record approved.

edit: There's no way to prove you haven't used anything against the rules tho, unless every person in the team records the run, wich I doubt everyone will agree to. So I guess we just have to trust eachother.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Eva is impressed wrote:Damn Andrew they'll again tell you missed the point and you have bullshit arguments because they can't counter that.
Typical. About missing the point on every level, you're missing it even more.

torks

Post by torks »

can u still 14 man uw. if so i might consider playing

Rhonk'
In-game name: Godly Was Niki
Guild: [Vs]

Post by Rhonk' »

Chipotle wrote:
Eva is impressed wrote:Damn Andrew they'll again tell you missed the point and you have bullshit arguments because they can't counter that.
Typical. About missing the point on every level, you're missing it even more.
Hopefully you're here to prevent us from missing the points.

Clinically Sinsane

Post by Clinically Sinsane »

well, with all of this being said, im still going to use toolbox to pop my pcons

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

Clinically Sinsane wrote:well, with all of this being said, im still going to use toolbox to pop my pcons
That's fine, as has been said about 3 times.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Really if people are so desperate to keep cheating records this late into the game then I don't see the point of hosting a rule set and site for it, people can just share achievements among themselves ingame by their own rules (i.e. no rules).

James (Double Derv Dare) is now moderator, he will be in charge of the GW1 stuff. If someone feels there has been rules broken, pm James about it. If it is determined beyond reasonable doubt that foul play took place in a record, any future records containing members from said record will be rejected.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Clinically Sinsane wrote:well, with all of this being said, im still going to use toolbox to pop my pcons
Don't think anyone would expect otherwise from a FBGM-member.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

I don't think amyone expected a non known person to comment otherwise.