PURE FRIENDLY

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nina 667 ekip
In-game name: Nina fow god
Guild: [SenT]

PURE FRIENDLY

Post by Nina 667 ekip »

yo, can anyone take the toolbox timer+objective timer and make a pure friendly thing and allow it as such in the rules, so we can have objective timer without being considered a tas clown?

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Re: PURE FRIENDLY

Post by James/SynSity »

ye this would be sick i don't wanna have to play TAS records just because i want to be able to check our previous runs on objective timer

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

+

Doc
In-game name: Doc Is Back At It
Guild: Back ConS

Post by Doc »

pure friendly new category vote when?

elvar
In-game name: Elvars Hexes
Guild: [xx]

Post by elvar »

i hate french ppl but i like this

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

The result of the vote regarding instance timers in Pure was the following:
2.2.1: Allow a simple instance timer in PURE records?
15 Yes, 11 No, 2 I don't care
This means the answer is Yes and simple instance timers (=only the time and no additional aids like gate timers) stay allowed in PURE.

We of course did not fully define what a "simple instance timer" is. While I myself think the additional benefit of a full objective timer in Pure compared to just an ingame timer is negligible (and the convenience high), the result for this question was rather close and I think people should have an opportunity to speak up against this if they feel like more advanced methods of timetracking violate the integrity of the Pure category. I could definitely see an argument that this exceeds the "simple" part of "simple ingame timer".

I suggest we give people 1 week to speak up.

Viscous Dreams
In-game name: Viscous Dreams

Post by Viscous Dreams »

Just use a clock on your phone with lap times bro, keep it truly pure

keaz

Post by keaz »

Regular speedruns UI used in every games already kinda has an objective timer on it, also I'm pretty sure some dungeon record has already been approved as PURE with such UI : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2706
so ye just make it offcial already

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

There is a difference here, in the type of software you are referring to you have to manually press a button for timing. This is not a problem. In the case of an objective timer some third party tool is monitoring various events that your client receives and creates the timing automatically (a simple instance timer is of course doing the same thing, but in a much more limited way).

Again, I think the advantage gained by this is not significant but if someone has a decent argument we should listen.

keaz

Post by keaz »

Flo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:26 pm
There is a difference here, in the type of software you are referring to you have to manually press a button for timing. This is not a problem. In the case of an objective timer some third party tool is monitoring various events that your client receives and creates the timing automatically (a simple instance timer is of course doing the same thing, but in a much more limited way).

Again, I think the advantage gained by this is not significant but if someone has a decent argument we should listen.
Alot of speedrunners are using Auto splitters which are perfectly authorized in the speedrun community and thats the kind of software im refering to, then I'm not sure if some of them or all of them work like the current toolbox objective timer or if it receives informations in a different manner but at the end it does the exact same thing, which is automating the splits.

In the run you approved as PURE I dont think you can tell at anypoint if those splits are made manually or automatically since you dont have acces to the 2 factors that would spot it, which are: Having acces to his microphone to hear the keyboard sound when he validates the splits (his pov has music only) and you also dont have acces to his other tries which could indicate if the splits are made at the exact same frame for each single one of his runs.

EDIT : After watching the end, you can actually tell he has most likely done it manually but it remains pretty hard to see depending on the speedrunner (you wont always find a speedrunner that slow for spliiting that you can spot it directly xd) although I wouldnt be surprised if you had approved his run regardless