2021 Category discussion and process to get community feedback

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
BackTwoBaySix
In-game name: Back Two Bay Six
Guild: Aria

Re: 2021 Category discussion and process to get community feedback

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

The only time I've played standard is when I wanted to knock off another standard record, otherwise I've played TAS even when I didn't need "cheating features", so no. Given anets recent EULA changes its clear that any kind of competitive advantage gained by third party tool is a bannable offense. The idea that doing more cheaty things is more likely to get you banned is a myth that has never had any supporting evidence (outside of botting). I don't buy into the banning argument, the same players that will run a standard record will turn on their toolbox minimap and target a minipet outside of speedruns. I'm not saying you do that, but people do.

If you actually read my comment you would see that my point was exactly that there is a massive difference between using "cheating features" in UW. I'm aware of the advantage they would bring. If you were competing against an equally skilled team that were willing to use the "cheating features" within the same category you would be at a major disadvantage.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

It once again turns out that different people have different opinions - wow, what a shocking revelation. But I am sure bringing up these discussion points will at least help people to form their own opinion, so at least there is some value to it.

Since the arguments presented here are again about individual opinions and not the way this vote should be structured, I think we are ready to move on and open the survey for real votes tomorrow evening. Everyone should have had plenty of time to review the structure and the questions and we made several improvemtns/changes compared to the initial version based on feedback.

Nina 667 ekip
In-game name: Nina fow god
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nina 667 ekip »

Looks like we will all play pure soon cause anet banning everyone using toolbox on videos/streams ;)

Flo

Post by Flo »

Taking steps right now, will update on the situation shortly.

BackTwoBaySix

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

Hide yo kids, hide yo records.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

BayTwoBaySix3 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 am
Given anets recent EULA changes its clear that any kind of competitive advantage gained by third party tool is a bannable offense. The idea that doing more cheaty things is more likely to get you banned is a myth that has never had any supporting evidence (outside of botting).
That's because you don't understand how programming and server side detection work.

BackTwoBaySix

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

A sneak peak into anet server side programming based on the above logic:

//Dialog
If (DialogPrerequisite is met) {
Send(Dialog)
} else {
Send(Dialog)
AccountVioloation++
}

//Skill
If (Target is targetable) {
UseSkill(target)
} else {
UseSkill(target)
AccountVioloation++
}

EDIT: Ok this wasn't a very constructive comment, but this is my interpretation of what you are suggesting. It doesn't seem logical for anet to implement something like this. If anet were going to try and detect and report on this kind of behaviour, I'd think it would make more sense for them to do it based on the outcome of the dialog. For example, a character with 215 attributes. Or a level 4 derv with a Chance Encounter HM quest. Or just video evidence of it happening.

EDIT2: And btw I have done a bit of game dev with unity/MLAPI including server side auth movement and similar server side checks. So I have a BIT of an idea what might be happening. It's pure speculation what ANET are actually recording though.

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

any idea on when the record section will be back up? kinda sucks george and i did a 29 duo and cant post it but i get why it was done.

Flo

Post by Flo »

At least a week, probably two. We have to give everyone a chance to remove content. Sorry but it is necessary.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

so, this ded?