Reworking record categories (pure, standard, tas)

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.

What to do

Merge "Standard and TAS"
63%
Rename categories and change rules
8%
Leave everything as is
29%

Total votes: 24

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Re: Reworking record categories (pure, standard, tas)

Post by James/SynSity »

Kaspar, what about those who don't want to have to download a third party tool which has not been formally approved by Anet just to stay on even footing with you? You are using tools to assist your speedrun. Just because you call it "quality of life" doesn't mean that it doesn't provide significant advantages.

If you want to use third party tools for your own convenience and to provide you advantages, you have to accept that others will do the same. Just because you view yours as "simple quality of life" and theirs as cheating, doesn't actually make it so.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

If we merge standard and Tas, will tas then get a more restricted ruleset that prohbits actual cheating so people can actually submit runs on that category?
(i meant this purely as a question, and in no way of an argument as i've pretty much changed my stance on the subject and agree with getting rid of standard)

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

With the first option, TAS wouldn't restrict anything. With the second option of a rework where the rules make sense, TAS would allow every tool usage that could be replicated by frame optimizing the game.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

dont feel like "move to" macros should be "standard"....
then i can make a bot for myself which will do the perfect run and post it a standard record...
like just bring a ruptbot for worms and jump + pstone script for bridge and get standard record...

Lurker
In-game name: Rift Lurker
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Lurker »

Befi wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:19 pm
dont feel like "move to" macros should be "standard"....
Not sure where you read that they're allowed in standard - "movement macros" is in the list of tools that are not allowed.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

It's almost as if the rules for standard are a confusing mess that some people can't understand...
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Yeah requiring reading skills to compete is frankly a sickening display of disenfranchisement of our analphabetic community members.

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Post by James/SynSity »

I'm all for the idea that standard has issues, but movement macros are clearly not allowed and if anyone is confused about that then I have no idea how they function on a day to day basis.