Tomb of the Primeval Kings // Sorrow's Furnace // The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Tomb of the Primeval Kings // Sorrow's Furnace // The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx

Post by Flo »

@Misty

Yes, exactly! That was my thought as well and I didnt write it down, I would also add that one to the dungeon section.

@Lurker

Good point. Its on the players to prove the run was finished, so either through global messages or video proof. The lost souls cant be seen from everywhere - luckily, with the current proposal for ToPK only requiring to kill the last group on level 4, there really is no reason to stand afk at the start of the level. But I agree, that should be written down somewhere.

And for slavers, you once again are correct, but since at the moment you will have to complete each subtask individually or in the future as a whole run, that shouldnt matter. People are free to post any combination of subdungeons on the other rules subforum though, so the issue could potentially appear there. If you were really doing rand/thommis with a group splitting, you ld have to provide 2 videos. I will add this to the rules with the newest changes.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Tomb of the Primeval Kings // Sorrow's Furnace // The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx

Post by Misty »

I did not mean that a full Slavers' run should be on the main dungeon table. Including running from an outpost makes for an extremely messy record. Banning people from returning to an outpost is even more ridiculous because it slows down the run by a lot. Let people post their full runs in the Other category.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

For slavers the run towards the dungeon shouldnt be included, but for sorrows furnace its clearly part of the main quest to talk to all the quest guys and then enter, its "part of the concept" of that area. I think that is the most reasonable implementation and I do think a slavers fullrun (starting from when the common area in between the 4 subareas is entered) should be on the dungeon records table.

Misty

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:47 am
For slavers the run towards the dungeon shouldnt be included, but for sorrows furnace its clearly part of the main quest to talk to all the quest guys and then enter, its "part of the concept" of that area.
Any "full run" records should start from the moment of acquiring the quest and end when the quest is complete. Including those full runs on the main table is opening a can of worms, though. Does everyone in the party need to take the quests, and are videos required to clearly show everyone accepting the quests? Does the entire run need to be in HM, or is it sufficient to do just the last part in HM? If resigning is not permitted, what about running back to the outpost? Do you need the quest To Sorrow's Furnace active?

Doing each quest/sub-boss in a separate sitting is also "part of the concept" of those areas. What's wrong with just having those on the table?
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Agree - Disagree - 1 person - yes, since the final part needs to be in HM and you cant go to outpost - Not allowed - Yes.

Thats exactly what I said, you gain the quest when entering the area in Slavers Excile, and you gain the Sorrows Furnace Quest at Deldrimor Warcamp.

Misty

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:52 am
you cant go to outpost
This is the part I disagree with most. What is the problem with allowing this?
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.