Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post by Flo »

We are getting closer boys!

THIS IS A DRAFT NO VOTE WILL BE COUNTED YET (feedback appreciated though)!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZYvVr9 ... 4FphX_-VYg
THIS IS A DRAFT NO VOTE WILL BE COUNTED YET (feedback appreciated though)!

Some things are waaaay easier with google forms than I anticipated. Check out the draft above and give your feedback here. There are some questions you ve to answer to proceed, if you just want to see how the vote works out fill in something random, an "x" for example.

And please remember that this is STILL A DRAFT and no votes get counted at this point.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

I think the form is good. Only problem I think was pointed out already somewhere in this thread but as it still exists i'll point it out again:
Should only things that are specifically allowed be allowed? NOTE: "Yes" means that things have to be allowed before they are eligible to be used in a record. "No" means that everything should be allowed that isnt forbidden. *
Does this include both new tools (obviously) and new bugs/glitches/whatever found ingame that are doable with purely ingame actions? If yes, I'd like a distinction between those two.

Flo

Post by Flo »

^page 4 contains pretty much everything thats's already been said.

We werent quite done with discussing that part though, Has said he wanted to get back to us but we somehow lost track.

I myself am not happy with the question in its current form, but in my opinion we need to settle this one way or the other. General idea summarized for lazy people: If we dont include this question in some way we ll have to deal with upcoming problems eventually - and there will be a period of uncertainty. We should avoid that.

As I stated numerous times, if somebody has a objectively more concise and precise wording, go ahead.

Also, #someonelikestheformhype.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

we need options for no video at all.
We need to see and be able to publish our own answers immediately.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I'm on holiday with really bad internet until the 10th. I'll try to take a look soon but can't promise much.

Flo

Post by Flo »

@Nika
Added option for no video for all 3 potential categories.

What do you mean with "We need to see and be able to publish our own answers immediately."?
All the answers get put into a google sheet that we ll make public (except the name, profile and guild). I also just had a smart idea and added a question to the first part: "Enter a number between 0 and 100000 of your choice so you can later find your vote in the anonymized results." So we can make that number public and everyone can check their own vote if thats what you re concerned about.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

So if i want to make my own vote public i have to copy all the questions?

Flo

Post by Flo »

Well, not necessarily. You could also just say "hey, look, my vote is the one with the number 123456".
You can do that as soon as the response sheet is public. Which it isnt currently, because the votes arent counted yet.

We re still in the last stages discussing the questions, so you cant even be sure if a question is going to make it into the final version...

I ld suggest once this is settled and we start taking actual votes we can create a thread here on gwscr and give everyone the chance to explain why he or she voted for a certain option.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

why should we vote anonym?
and btw, good job flo!

Flo

Post by Flo »

Thanks, there has been a lot of input from the community and other mods too.

While I also dont see too much reason to stay anonymous, I dont see harm done either and there is some upside (people not beeing manipulated as easily, lower inhibition level). If you want everybody to know what you voted for, just share the number you picked - if you dont want everybody to know, just dont share your number.