Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Re: Rule update

Post by Sylars »

Chipotle wrote:I have to solution, make a little note for every new record these clowns are in saying *may or may not have used cheats.
I would prefer everyone to do their records again, without the use of toolbox. If toolbox may, or may not have been can't be determined, without posting a video, which is not required in order for a record to be valid. Sure, some people don't view toolbox as a hack and think of it's use as legitimate, therefore use it in runs. But afterall we need to trust.

If there were no screens of toolbox showing, no problem with any record. It's pretty low to use hacks and hide them afterwards, though.

Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

Nika wrote:You can easily glitch the gloom startmobs and do the same, goddamn, what is your problem, if there waa noway to beat this i'd ban it aswell but aslomg as that is not the case, that should be fine as this cliff can be hossed
Plz Nika uninstall gw.

Our problem is not the glitch which is not one, just a hos to jump and skip a few mobs, but the way he did it.

A glitch is a bug or an exploit that can't be done normaly. Using HoS on someone to jump is not a glitch, it's just the game...

You can pop a stone to jump the first time, but when you come back for the quest, you need the mobs. To use the mobs, they have to be pulled by the second tank and you have to put sf up before hos what takes more time than just hos with the wonderful toolbox.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

I am a toolbox user, and it is an awesome programm. I admit i've used the autopop function quite often, simply because noobe ever said a single word against it. If there was a public discussion, or now that there is , i will ofcourse stop the useage.
But it maybe just doesn't come to mind that others see this as a groundbreaking hack, while i've read that this can be macroed aswell.
I guess this whole discussion is a good thing, to make people aware of things they weren't before.

Still you shouldn't be too extreme over this, everyone may be able to record a vid, but not to upload.
I tried to upload a ~20sec vid once, 2hours later i was done. I am not the greatest with vids, but if i do the math this basically would force me into days of uploading for a record, which i see as impossible.
Yeah.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Nika wrote:I am a toolbox user, and it is an awesome programm. I admit i've used the autopop function quite often, simply because noobe ever said a single word against it. If there was a public discussion, or now that there is , i will ofcourse stop the useage.
People finally learning? Yes, Toolbox itself is great and I encourage everyone to use it for casual runs...just not records run. If the rest of the community can agree to this as well that'd be great. Legit records is what we are here for right (and it's easy to determine what is legit and what is not). If people are going to hide their toolbox, so be it... #gzyousuckatthegame.

Nika

Post by Nika »

This was of the general understanding and useage of such things, standards may have droped in the past year as there was no public discussion going on. This is meant for autopop pcons, or the hos thing in the fbgm doa run.
People will use the timer, as mikes version does not work on win8, atleast to my knowledge.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Can't someone with computer skills port mike's timer for Windows 8?

Nika

Post by Nika »

That would be great.

Cheese
In-game name: Cheese In My Shoe
Guild: FBGM

Post by Cheese »

I find it funny that you, Chipotle, sit here and accuse people of cheating and hacking when no one even knows who you are. Do you really not have the balls to state your IGN and stand by your opinions? #keyboardwarriorsfightintheshadows

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Chipotle wrote:Can't someone with computer skills port mike's timer for Windows 8?
On it. The problem seems to lie within the dx display, changing it from dx9 to dx11 should fix the issue. I have no experience with that, though and my time is rather limited.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

#keyboardherosfightintheshadows.
Mad much? I did not accuse anyone in specific of cheating and hacking with the exception of FBGM's DoA team. What are you going to do, tell me the team didn't use hacks?
Last edited by Chipotle on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.