Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Re: Rule update

Post by Cookie »

I'm not trying to bend anything, I'm talking about you wanting to see it banned entirely and for records showing the timer being used.

The FBGM record can be taken down when James updates the other records.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Cookie wrote:I'm not trying to bend anything, I'm talking about you wanting to see it banned entirely and for records showing the timer being used.
Answer is yes.

Cookie wrote:The FBGM record can be taken down when James updates the other records.
It's already beaten by a team that didn't use any of these hacks. Point is that the banhammer should be swung for that team on this forum as they have violated to rules and couldn't care less. They can't submit or be in any future records on gwscr.
Last edited by Chipotle on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

I don't see a point in punishing a team for something that was apparently accepted in the past. If people were so bothered by it, a debate should have happened back then, not now. This isn't a witch hunt for people who have cheated, this is all about pathing the way for cleaner and better competition in the future.

But for future reference, yes. Teams from now on who are found cheating in records will find themselves excluded.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

You can easily glitch the gloom startmobs and do the same, goddamn, what is your problem, if there waa noway to beat this i'd ban it aswell but aslomg as that is not the case, that should be fine as this cliff can be hossed

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Cookie wrote:I don't see a point in punishing a team for something that was apparently accepted in the past. If people were so bothered by it, a debate should have happened back then, not now. This isn't a witch hunt for people who have cheated, this is all about pathing the way for cleaner and better competition in the future.

But for future reference, yes. Teams from now on who are found cheating in records will find themselves excluded.
It was accepted by themselfes. Anyone to disagree with it was powerless since they were in position of power. The rules on third party usage have ALWAYS been black on white. There is no grey area. Simply because this discussion wasn't opened yet doesn't mean they didn't do anything against the rules. It's completely unfair to people who didn't use any hacks and making the table of gwscr completely untrustworthy and therefore pointless. If they didn't post it at gwscr and didn't approve their own record it would be a different story. There is no place for such people on this forum.
Last edited by Chipotle on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Nika wrote:You can easily glitch the gloom startmobs and do the same, goddamn, what is your problem, if there waa noway to beat this i'd ban it aswell but aslomg as that is not the case, that should be fine as this cliff can be hossed
There is a distiction in glitching and hacking. And fact is, he used hack which is not record worthy.
Last edited by Chipotle on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Chipotle wrote:
Nika wrote:You can easily glitch the gloom startmobs and do the same, goddamn, what is your problem, if there waa noway to beat this i'd ban it aswell but aslomg as that is not the case, that should be fine as this cliff can be hossed
There is a distiction in glitching and hacking.
Few people seem to understand what a hack is. Posting it's definition for ten times doesn't seem to be enough.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

I can't agree with you at all. If you don't say anything, you're just as at fault as the people who hacked in the record.

Speak up when it happens or stay quiet forever tbh. That's all I have to say about that.

As with what Nika said, its in the past, and it's not even relevant to any of the record tables anymore. Move on, nothing is going to be done because it doesn't make any sense to punish them for it now.

You have your mod to update your tables, and you have a clear cut rule stating what is and isn't allowed. Clearly the discussion didn't get anywhere, so this works out the best for everyone other than people who think teleporting to reapers isn't cheating.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Sylars wrote:
Chipotle wrote:
There is a distiction in glitching and hacking.
Few people seem to understand what a hack is. Posting it's definition for ten times doesn't seem to be enough.
Apparently not.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

I have to solution, make a little note for every new record these clowns are in saying *may or may not have used cheats.