Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Chipotle

Re: Rule update

Post by Chipotle »

Sylars wrote:
On it. The problem seems to lie within the dx display, changing it from dx9 to dx11 should fix the issue. I have no experience with that, though and my time is rather limited.
I think a lot of people would appreciate the effort. Would certainly make it easier to stop using toolbox for record runs.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Nika wrote: Still you shouldn't be too extreme over this, everyone may be able to record a vid, but not to upload.
I tried to upload a ~20sec vid once, 2hours later i was done. I am not the greatest with vids, but if i do the math this basically would force me into days of uploading for a record, which i see as impossible.
Yeah.
Raw, uncompressed footage is about 2GB per minute in 1080p. After a quick conversion with handbrake it goes down to ~5-10mb.

Assuming the slowest connection available in non third-world countries, which is 64kbit/mobile. It takes 1562,5*8 = 12500 seconds to upload a 20 minute video. Thats about 202 minutes, so a bit less than 3 and a half hour.
The average connection is somewhat between 0,5-5mbit/s upload per second. That would take 160-1600 seconds, 3-27 minutes.

Add up conversion time, which goes from 20fps to 600fps in speed, a 20 minutes video recorded in 30fps takes about 1-30 minutes.

High quality rendering obviously takes longer, but for non-premium quality the longest time an upload could take would be 5 hours. WIth about 1 minute of user input.

Cheese
In-game name: Cheese In My Shoe
Guild: FBGM

Post by Cheese »

I can't argue the obvious Chipotle. But what I can do is ask why you don't stand by your opinions and statements by giving us a name to refer to?

Libra
Guild: pRma

Post by Libra »

Cheese wrote:I can't argue the obvious Chipotle. But what I can do is ask why you don't stand by your opinions and statements by giving us a name to refer to?

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Lol.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Would it change my point and supported arguments? Would is change the guild wars regulations concerning third party program usage? Would it change the defintion of a hack or glitch?

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

This thread is fun :)

I can make a version of toolbox which contains only the NON-HACKS-OMG-KILLYOURSELF features, which basically consists in only the clicker! (not the pcons or skill clicker, literally the mouse clicker)

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Of course you will defend your own creation. But Has tell me, what do the rules of the game say about your toolbox?

I would like to add that your suggested version of the new toolbox is a very good idea. We should agree on it becoming the official toolbox for records. The other version (with the hacks included) is allowed for casual runs. Good thinking Has!

Cheese
In-game name: Cheese In My Shoe
Guild: FBGM

Post by Cheese »

The point is that you don't have the balls to leave your IGN here for everyone to see who you are.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

It still comes down to trust one way or the other. You can't tell which version someone is running, and anyone can make their kit look the same aesthetically as any "approved" kit. Because of this, even if someone is running the "record approved" toolbox, someone can still claim they used ghosts or some shit at some point during the run. You have to trust that someone is not running a custom kit emulating the appearance of a non hack kit while it has hacks enabled.

There's no point in even separating them beyond a checkbox in your kit labeled "enable game altering features."

Which brings us back to this point: Want to unequivocally prove that you weren't using game altering hacks? Make a video of it. It doesn't need to be on par with the recordings I make where the raw footage is 1080p @ 60fps. That requires you to have a disc that can sustain 150MBps. Anything where you can sort of see what is happening is good enough. You can do it at half your monitor res at 30 with dxtory, feed that raw file through vegas/virtualdub/handbreak/whateverthefuck and upload it to youtube. None of this requires much more than a wooden plank of a computer. If you can run guild wars at 60fps at any resolution, you can record at 30 at half that resolution.

I could throw up a basic guide if people wanted. It won't contain much information that you can't get by just punching shit into google though.