Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Hektor
In-game name: Nik Ele

Re: Rule update

Post by Hektor »

Cookie wrote:As noted by the rule, popping pcons is fine, as you can essentially mimic it using an autoclick macro.

This isn't even game changing stuff, people have always been expected to not fucking hack in record runs.

Stop HoS'ing off of GotB, stop taking multiple quests at once. Even when Zraw was active and had the hack window, none of this dumb shit was used because they/we respected common sense (even the hero glitch didn't need hacks).

Nothing has to change other than the players that are still in the GW1 community being smart. If people want to be funny and keep hacking in records (so far happened in both UW records), I'll just drop all GW1 related forums.

On that note; Robin, if you still want to moderate the GW1 stuff, I'll set you up with it some time this week.
Well, if you say popping pcons with toolbox is fine then why is our 14 record violating the new rule? We DID NOT, as claimed by you, use toolbox hacks such as "HoS'ing off of GotB,[...] taking multiple quests at once" in our run. The point is both sides can't prove their statements unless there are 8 pov's, which will probably not happen.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Nothing has to change other than the players that are still in the GW1 community being smart. If people want to be funny and keep hacking in records (so far happened in both UW records), I'll just drop all GW1 related forums.
That right there is NOT going to happen and will only end up in you dropping all GW1 related forums.
We should seriously look into a way of dealing with all the hacking and I personally think that we should either:

1) make a distinction between hacked and non hacked records.

OR

2) Ban toolbox all together and require a video of each PoV in order for a record to be approved.

OR

3) Accept toolbox as part of the game :D

Vote and get it over with?

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

for 1) we again would have the discussion between what is hacken and what not.
2) would end in closing the gw records. People wouldn't want to make vids, and some aren't able to upload (aka me).
3) well yeah, that is what i say but..

Jirina
In-game name: Jirina Capova/Alainasyeva
Guild: The Dawn Of Legends [DaWn]

Post by Jirina »

prove in our record where we hos'd off GitB? there are videos where it's made obvious it happened in a doa record, but where is it clear that we used a hack that isn't easily mimic'd by an autoclick macro?

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

There will always be people who'll cheat to win. I do agree that there should be an distinction between records that had help from third party programmes and those that did not simply because it's not fair to those who play 'clean'. But right now I can't think of an way to achieve this other than having 8 POV videos which will never happen. It's good to discuss it nontheless.

To everyone saying toolbox doesn't save time for popping part, popping cons and all the pcons inculding repopping easily makes up 1 second in a run. And no, you cannot always pop when running on a straight part (even the slightest of stop or wait for repopping in the middle of pulls or spikes is one second and can be make or break in those .59 such as the 6:59 FoWs posted here, especially if 4/8 or more are using toolbox). And yes there are still people that play without it because needing a third party program to pop pcons is lame. Other possibilities, such as the Giab hack, are just plain simple cheating. I don't understand why you would even pretend you did record and be proud of it when you know very well it required hacks (FBGM's DoA?). At least start by not accepting screenshots with /age toolbox message any more due to making it seem untrustworthy (let's be real, who uses toolbox only for timer and nothing esle).

@Jirina
No one prove that and we should all agree that the record is legit, even more so because its prior to this discussion. This is about future records.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

Assigning blame purely on the sight of the /age macro is the equivalent of saying that all people who own knives stab others.
People will always automate these things and when toolbox is banned other tools will appear so this is a battle that's already lost.
All that can really be done is to say that "hacking is bad" and hope that players doing speedruns refrain from using the illegal tools during them.

yago
In-game name: X Guarda Montes X

Post by yago »

Mad?

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

I was under the impression that I wrote a rational and calm message.
Apparrently I was wrong...

yago
In-game name: X Guarda Montes X

Post by yago »

yup you were wrong.

Come back gw Kaspar.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »