Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Rule update

Post by Cookie »

7.) You may not use 3rd party tools to make actions possible that otherwise are not. This includes but is not limited to taking quests from UW Reapers in aggro, fast teleporting to reapers, etc. IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO WITHOUT A 3RD PARTY TOOL, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. Autoclick macros are fine (pcons etc).

Thanks. Any record where it is evident that this rule has not been followed will be taken down/rejected.

Also, you apparently need someone else to do the mod work for GW1. Assuming you understand the rules, you can put your name forward for the job. I will look over everything, and if its obvious that you don't understand the rules then you'll have your powers removed.

Luke

Re: Rule update

Post by Luke »

Great initiative but perhaps a bit unrealistic as it would for example require almost every player on an underworld record to be recording.

I'm 100% behind this tho.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

This has always been an unspoken rule that people shouldn't use hacks in their record runs. I've only put it into the rules as apparently people have been using foulplay in recent records.

If people can't be trusted to follow the rules, we can't do anything about that. It's up to members of record teams to make sure their team mates are playing by the rules.

Robin powaaaa

Post by Robin powaaaa »

I volunteer to mod the gw1 part. As luke said it's pretty hard to know if ppl hard using hacks or not. So how can we judge if it's good or not ? I don't think listening to jealous ppl crying about others doing 14 min with toolbox is fair since they have no proof of what have been done

Kenny
In-game name: Kennys Ghost

Post by Kenny »

some of us used pcons popper, but im pretty sure they can use their pcons also without any tools. crying about other people getting a nice UW time is pure jealousy and sad. 5 of our core team members are even in DS, so be happy that your guild got an other record. ;)

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Come on, toolbox is just as much against the rules of GW as teleport hack. If you really want a legit record do it without toolbox. Toolbox only saves like ~3-5 seconds and I'm sure people are perfectly capable (I'm unaware of actual retards around here) of popping pcons thereselves.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Kenny wrote:some of us used pcons popper, but im pretty sure they can use their pcons also without any tools. crying about other people getting a nice UW time is pure jealousy and sad. 5 of our core team members are even in DS, so be happy that your guild got an other record. ;)
These complaints arose before the latest 14 minute UW was submitted, I only just bothered to write anything about it. In actual fact the complaints originated from the original 14 minute one, which I believe was fully DS, since you seem to be targetting DS about it.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Oh I didn't know about the timing of the complaints. My complaint, however, is not pointed towards DS but is ment in general way. Toolbox is against the regulations of the game (fact). Moreover if people claim it doesn't make any difference why do they use it then? The game is designed in such a way that (p)cons popping and whatnot is part of it and therefore toolbox records must not be accepted from this point on in my opinion.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

That sounds fair to me. I have no problem with banning toolbox and other similar tools if there are no (or few) objections to it, with good reasoning of course.

Kenny
In-game name: Kennys Ghost

Post by Kenny »

do you really want me to tell that this was not about our 14?