Today we've released the first version of our records API so that you can easily include our records data in your applications.
A few things to note:
- The API is free to use for whatever purpose, however we ask that if you use it, you make it clear that it is a product of GWSCR.com. A link to us wouldn't hurt either .
- The API may be accessed as many times as you like, however it probably isn't necessary to access it more than once a week or once a day as players aren't currently posting records rapidly, meaning, for the most part you'll access the same data over and over.
- With the pending release of the dungeon records table, the API location/the API syntax may change, and we will attempt to alert everyone when that happens.
The API returns an object with 2 properties and 8 objects.
- Property 1 - "updated_date" : A string that describes the last time the records were updated (EST timezone).
- Property 2 - "updated_by" : A string that describes which admin performed the update (you probably have no use for this string, but it is used by our admin panel).
- The Objects : The 8 objects are for each of the 8 dungeons that we accept records for, identified by their shortcode.
- Dungeon short codes can be determined here: http://gwscr.com/api/dungeon_names.json (but are also easily guessable )
- Dungeon path names can be determined here: http://gwscr.com/api/dungeon_paths.json and are based on the explorable mode table on the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki.
- Each of the 8 objects' properties are organized into 6 main categories with one property for each path of the dungeon, meaning there are 6 x 4 properties (Story, Path 1, Path 2, Path 3) for all dungeons except The Ruined City of Arah (6 x 5) which has an additional path (Path 4).
The property syntax for each of the 8 objects is: <path_id>_<category>
E.g.: 1_time, s_time, s_screens, 4_thread
<path_id>s are as follow:
- s - Story
1 - Path 1
2 - Path 2
3 - Path 3
4 - Path 4 (only exists for The Ruined City of Arah)
- thread - The URL for the thread on our forums where the record originated
time - The time achieved for the record in minutes
by - The name of the guild or player who achieved the record
linkby - The URL for the guild or player who achieved the record (in the case of a player, the URL will be for his GWSCR.com forum profile page)
screens - URLs for screenshots of the record, separated one per line
videos - URLs for videos of the record, separated on per line
- s - Story
- If a path time category is empty or both it's screens and videos categories are empty, our table displays "No record submitted" for that path.
- Each path may have any combination of categories filled out. E.g.: a path may show who achieved the record, but not a URL to them, or the path may have all categories filled out except the thread cateory, or the path may have both screens and videos as proof, etc.
- If you wanted to know the time of a record for the Ascalonian Catacombs, Path 1 (Hodgins), then you would access the "1_time" property of the object named "ac".
- If you wanted to get a list of the videos of a record for The Ruined City of Arah, Path 4 (Seer), then you would access the "4_videos" property of the object named "arah", then you would separate the result by line.
We look forward to seeing your creations . Enjoy!