[TAS] Nahpui Quarter VQ 6 min duo [IT]

Submit your explorable area vanquish records
Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

[TAS] Nahpui Quarter VQ 6 min duo [IT]

Post by Misty »

I forgot to record - fortunately my good friend Xray is very reliable in these matters:

Here's my (super late) screenshot:
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: [TAS] Nahpui Quarter VQ 6 min duo [IT]

Post by Flo »

Please post this to youtube or twitch, other hosters (not sure if dropbox does it) will delete files after some time or when the user changes privacy settings of his account. If I accepted dropbox, I ld basically have to accept any video format and look into its specifics concerning storage/rights, which I dont want to do.

Misty

Post by Misty »

what about all the old records that now have deleted videos? surely they are still valid...
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Jup, and I guess after uploading to youtube you could, just out of spite, delete it after the record has been approved. But I think it is way more likely that videos remain up on especially youtube over pretty much every other platform.

Everyone that can upload a video to dropbox can also upload a video to youtube.

Misty

Post by Misty »

IMO if you can watch the video once (which you currently still can), there is nothing in the rules that says it has to stay up. If you think the rules do require that, there are some other records I could draw your attention to... As a mod, you could personally refuse to access dropbox for whatever reason you like, but in that case the solution is to politely ask another mod to do the job. Either way, this is a valid record.
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

I am not saying it has to stay up. I am just saying that it is nice for records to stay up. And that some websites tend to have uploaded stuff available for much longer than other sites. Just think about how many screenshots of old records were lost because people used shitty image uploading sites.

The chance for a youtube video to stay up after someone forgets about it is probably much higher than on other sites.

If you have an example where I accepted a video host other than youtube or twitch as the only video proof for a record, please link it.

Misty

Post by Misty »

I agree that it would be nice if Xray put it on youtube, but for now is there any reason you can't approve it?
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

As a mod it has always been my target to ensure operational stability and long term usability of this site.
Accepting video hosts other than youtube (and twitch) is, in my eyes, harming that target.

Please reupload to youtube. I will edit the Records Rules post (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2004) to reflect this now explicit formal requirement.

Misty

Post by Misty »

It's great that you're unilaterally changing the rules (please add second-based records while you're at it), but this was posted before the rule change.
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

I am imposing rules on formalities, which I have no problem doing unilaterally and retroactively. And I will repeat myself one more time, to ensure operational stability and long term usability of this site, which I think is the point of being a mod.

I have not in the past nor will ever impose rules about the content of a record alone, but I will do so for formalities if it is required as in this case.

This is not affecting any existing record nor does it make this record obsolete, it just requires 10 minutes of manual effort on the original uploaders side with absolutely no downside whatsoever.