Meta reset and new changes

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Kaspaar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me

Meta reset and new changes

Post by Kaspaar »

The AI has seen some far reaching changes, Underworld is heavily affected. I'm assuming doa and fow are affected too since many skills were touched.

In UW terrorweb AI is back to it's 2012 pre-lava font state or something very close. I'm yet to check what reversal of fortune did to smites or whether there are more far reaching consequences to the ai changes, beyond skill use.

Underworld needs a meta reset, there is no questioning that. Someone who is very familiar with the areas should go and check fow, doa, and dungeons as well.

Update 1: I did one run of wastes. Smite crawlers seem to be healing more evenly, they also seem to favour attacking less and spend more time casting when you whirl them down. The smite balls seem to die more evenly and there seem to be fewer stragglers, I can't tell whether the ball actually dies slower or not.

Update 2: When you're in a ball of terrorwebs, sometimes you still get one or two lava fonts.

haskhasin

Re: Meta reset and new changes

Post by haskhasin »

All areas with cstorm will have to be reset.

Btw, there is an argument to be made about not resetting areas that have been made strictly easier and faster (uw due to lavafont, but not if other parts are harder/slower). I don't particularly like this idea, but just mentioning in case someone has opinions to share.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Fow is all about all-time records but certainly should get a meta reset. For Terras nothing changes but Vos'ses have a significantly longer waiting time until they can jump into an etherball

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

That (UW being heavily affected) was my first thought when I read the news. Probably meta reset, but lets wait a little before we rush into things.

If enemies settle faster, DoA is affected as well. Also changes to dark aura, reversal of fortune, soothing images, arcane echo.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Arcane Echo and Signet of Illusions are on the list of updated skills, so it seems very very likely that anguishes will settle differently.

The CStorm update should change ghastly behaviour - that affects any area they can be popped. It's subjective whether that's a good or bad thing (CStorm still causes scatter), so a full meta reset makes sense.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Good point. Anyone that can come up with a reason to not do a full meta reset for elite area and dungeon records?

I'll go ahead and approve all pending records asap, so the transition is as clean as possible. And just so I can look this up later without going ingame: Current build is Gw: 36,793.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Since we got cstormed in that shitty Deep record you should put that on the new meta. :-)

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Agree, gstone affects everything, let's reset all.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Okay boys, I think everything is approved.
I created a second post under the current meta elite area and dungeon record threads respectively, where I think we should keep the records done in the last meta.

This means that we could now clear the record tables and have the new meta from now on (Gw: 36,793 onwards).

I ll wait with clearing out the tables until tomorrow evening. If I missed a record, something shows up incorrectly in a list or anything else comes up, let me know and I can fix it. If nothing comes up, great. If you want to use this thread to talk about your feelings, go ahead, thats also great.

Oh, and before someone asks: No meta reset for mission, vq and other records. Nobody cares, and if we clear those tables now, they ll never be full again.

Flo

Post by Flo »

FeelsGoodMan