Solo Domain of Anguish 58 min [PURE]

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Solo Domain of Anguish 58 min [PURE]

Post by Mikelton »

Hey everyone,

so finally, almost 5 years after my first solo DoA record, I made it to get a sub-hour run. I have been working on this for a very very long time now after my last record got beaten and after I found the new bar with recall I had almost no time to play for a very long time because of my studies. Now that i am doing my Masters thesis I had at least some time in the evening to do runs. I really wanted to go for the PURE category, because that just fits my playstyle most. Everyone who has ever done this knows how hard and punishing it is and everyone who thinks it is easy I recommend to give it a try. You just need to keep in mind so many different things at the same time and if you forget any sweets/alk or fail to get into the 360 safespot manually or pull too many fiends you die for sure. You can literally die every second if you don't stay focused. Especially alcohol is a real pain and caused many fails in veil...
I really played it safe in veil because i just wanted to finish a damn run, that is the reason why I did not achieve a better time. Anyway in the pure category you can get nowhere near the 50 minutes that are possible in TAS and that is why I decided to post this.
I decided to do a little different cave tactic compared to Ethers tactics to get more souls out of it on average. In foundry 4th room i duped more souls to have more dmg later in veil in case i did not perfectly hit the safespot at 360. I decided to use this safespot nevertheless, because from there hungers would not start to run away when they get damaged. I also tried to whirl hungers completely free in range of winnowing but that did not work consistently at all, even with 70+ souls. For underlords i went especially safely in order not to pull any fiends that could rupt me and therefore fail the run. All in all the run was quite stable and if it would have been a 57 (10s late) i would have been 100% happy, but i guess one cannot have everything :D
I want to thank the people who really helped me a lot to get this: Yuna, Alex and everyone else who supplied me with cons and pcons stuff... without your donations this would not have been possible.
Also big thanks to Befi, Mike and Ether who did lots of work in tactics with the Recall bar when I could not play and especially Ether for refining the tactics and pushing solo DoA to it's limits and showing everybody what incredible fast times can be possible with this bar. I mean just go back in time 5 years and try to imagine a complete doa run done by a single person in under an hour.... Also huge credits to Dom from [Loa] who found the very safe and fast snake tactics. I was lucky to start doing runs first after you found those, but I probably would have given up because of too many snake fails with the old tactics.
Thank you very much Ether for motivating me especially in the last few days when i already wanted to give up because it was such a pain... :D
Overall I have spent so many thoughts, time and effort for this fucking shit in the last years, I am really happy that I finally made it! I really hope i will never have to do this again...
Please list this under [Golt]

I want to dedicate this to my cat who i loved so much. He passed away at silvester.

Cheers

Mike

Espen
In-game name: Espen H
Guild: Gods of Voodoo [Loa]

Re: Solo Domain of Anguish 58 min [PURE]

Post by Espen »

Well done! Your cat would be proud!

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Nice to see some different strats as well! Grats.

dom so lo

Post by dom so lo »

Good job mate! Pure must have been an absolute nightmare.

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

Ugh i had written so much already but didnt save it.

Long story short. Mike paved the way for my. 50. And that work helped him get this.

Nothing in guildwars record history is more impressive than the runs mikelton did and the one I did. Nothing compares.

We plan on going into extreme detail about the difficulty and mental challenges for s video but we have other stuff planned.

Remove that 58 I did off the table even if rules let it sta

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Ether wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:59 am

Nothing in guildwars record history is more impressive than the runs mikelton did and the one I did. Nothing compares.
Nothing in guildwars record history is a bigger waste of pcons than the runs you two did*

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

Nice!

You sure that doing rangerlord like that is better?

Mikelton

Post by Mikelton »

first of all thanks to everyone!
Flo wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Nice!

You sure that doing rangerlord like that is better?
well i could not get into the safespot at the ranger lord trench manually so i whirled everything in small portions. I could have taken more hungers at once for sure but i did not want to risk a fail because of too much dmg from hungers so i did it in very small steps.

Tom
In-game name: Tom Goes Legend
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Tom »

GG Mike !

#MakeGoltGreatAgain

Viel Erfolg beim Master :)

Mikelton