4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Submit your explorable area vanquish records
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Vivec »

Ether wrote:Ah yes I did forget about that. The whole 'telling peoples posts are invalid because certain rules, while having a green name' sure does throw me off. Regardless, you or I or anyone could start the thread, however I am under the assumption that if I were to, it would just be disregarded.
I have not - and will not in the future - officially approved or denied a record, just pointed out that its breaking a rule. Which literally any member can do. Any member can even write "approved" or "denied" in a topic, as you have demonstrated in both topics regarding this area.

But I can see how it's confusing. If I'm inclined in the next days, I'll create a non-mod acc to comment on stuff as not to confuse people anymore than necessary.

edit:
Ether wrote:I don't think it was necessarily a post to bring attention to just one point of the rules, but the VQ section as a whole seeing as how they dropped coins (against the rules, but it does nothnig in game), had every panel for tb open, a notepad regarding minimap, etc.
When I was talking about minimap rules, i shouldve clarified that I meant the rules as a whole in regards to VQ.
There is no explicit rule against coin dropping anymore as far as I could see. The only discrepancy in the rules that I can see is the missing video requirement. And the only real contested point right now is the minimap, so of course I jumped to the conclusion that it would be about that.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Sorry i may didnt express myself properly on this: Its not the ability of detecting a troll or not. Its about bringing a productive and (kinda) necesseray point like the outdated Mission rules on top without a shitpost/trollpost.

Being able to say what you think and want to change by saying it clearly to everyone else. And not represent it in a way you force ppl to go with your kind of humor. Maybe im also just mad that the minimap topic now existed for weeks and there was no productive input and thoughts from the pro-toolbox side on what features of the toolbox are banworthy or which are totally fine. Very first one or two days were productive but the thread got left without any solution.

Just changing the battlefield every few weeks and never getting to a result is pretty frustrating and takes my will to put any further effort into the discussion while having to deal with "funny" trolls in every (un-)important post.

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

Karia wrote: Maybe im also just mad that the minimap topic now existed for weeks and there was no productive input and thoughts from the pro-toolbox side on what features of the toolbox are banworthy or which are totally fine. Very first one or two days were productive but the thread got left without any solution.
The minimap was outright banned without talking about which parts should be allowed/not allowed. Nobody wants targetting to be allowed. Nobody wants spirit ranges, mob sizes, etc to be allowed. We could have all of these things disabled, and that would be the end of it.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Then maybe you could have said something like that in the minimap thread... We could have this stuff alrdy behind us

Enforce Video from every player in every record so you always have to be fully clear and clean minimap without any extra information you wouldnt have without the toolbox minimap - BAM! end of discussion and we can flame us over different topics in the future

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Why on earth must everything be srs?
Holy shit you guys aren't human beings.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Okay total honesty here: we didn't do this record just to troll. Cruz did the solo because he was bored, and we realised a 4 min duo would be easy. We recorded videos, but the run was so AIDS that we were actually embarrassed to post them, which brought to mind the fact that the rules specifically say you don't need any video for VQs. We simply saw an opportunity to make a joke about how it's impossible to enforce a minimap ban (and other stuff like targeting macros, which we obviously didn't use) without requiring videos. The record is as serious as any other VQ, but there's no political point being made here.
Karia wrote:there was no productive input and thoughts from the pro-toolbox side on what features of the toolbox are banworthy or which are totally fine.
I'm not an appointed speaker for everyone who uses the minimap, but I'm pretty sure none of us would challenge the targeting feature being banned, but everything else is up for debate. Personally I can see the argument for removing some other things (such as bosses appearing larger), but serious discussion is needed before this can fairly be ruled, and banning the entire minimap straight off is just ludicrous. Meanwhile, almost nobody is asking to ban auto pcons, even though they are obviously more OP than anything the minimap offers.

^ Several of us have already expressed this view on GWSCR and in-game.
Karia wrote:Enforce Video from every player in every record so you always have to be fully clear and clean minimap without any extra information you wouldnt have without the toolbox minimap - BAM! end of discussion and we can flame us over different topics in the future
That's fairly reasonable (not saying I fully agree with it), but it's still very contentious. I don't want to throw Marcin under the bus, but he's one of the most outspoken critics of the minimap, and yet he's also strongly opposed to requiring full videos from everyone. How do you reconcile your idea with people who share his opinions? Meanwhile, YOU didn't provide a video for the 16 DoA. Under your proposal, that would invalidate your record - is that what you actually want??
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

Since Marcin and Nika seem to be unable to state their opinion in the other thread, lets bypass the time some more.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

FTFY
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt