4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Submit your explorable area vanquish records
MooDaBest
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 am
In-game name: Moujo Jojo
Guild: Hookah Cafe

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by MooDaBest »

once again you looking dumb or you just cant read

Nika
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:07 am
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Nika »

You all look dumb

Karia
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 am
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Karia »

OK, if being serious about rules isnt a thing anymore you wont hear any complaints from my side - maybe just get rid off rules completley since the cause so much trouble? Ive said everything i have to say in the rules topic alrdy so good luck!

Vivec
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:43 am
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Vivec »

Cruz wrote:And yet you act as if everyone here wronged you instead of taking it for what it is. I have already laid forth my opinions, you can read them here. In short: I see no problem with using the toolbox minimap with the current rule set, so long as you're not abusing the targeting function. And so I'm not going out of my way to adhere to rules that do not exist.
It's great. You are aware that there's a discussion going on about the interpretation of that rule. Instead of avoiding it and waiting for the result of that discussion you decide to use yours and be done with it. I can understand that if there weren't an ongoing discussion about this and similar stuff. I won't claim your interpretation or mine or whoevers is correct or wrong, just that it's an asshole move to just assume that your interpretation should be used.
Nika wrote:Nice!

Vivec - pull that stick out of your ass and stop being such a retard.
Srs what's with golt ppl and being overly serious in SUCH A SMALL COMMUNITY.
I thought we're friends and all.
Fat online nerds who can't quit an outdated game out of addiction and fear of real ppl.
Even if this were something even close to a family, I can have perfectly fine and serious discussions with my family, and if I couldn't I'd react in the same way I do here, by being mad at the asshats who seem to not be able to hold a serious discussion or utter a single word that they actually mean without immediately claiming that they were just joking.

By doing that you just achieve what Alex said like 10 times since these discussions started, that people will start ignoring your input when you decide to actually add serious input to a discussion because you've successfully trained us to just assume you are joking and therefore just continue on without even thinking about what you post.



I'm perfectly aware that I was raging at two of the more vocal members of this discussions here and I even understand where you are coming from. I still don't agree with your method of "delivery" of your suggestions. I don't even know where the excemption for vq records from the video requirement came from, most likely because a lot of the older records only have a screenshot. I don't think that there'd be a huge discussion about changing this so what stopped you from at least trying to solve this problem by opening a thread and asking this excemption to be removed?

Cruz
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 am
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Cruz »

Vivec wrote:I won't claim your interpretation or mine or whoevers is correct or wrong, just that it's an asshole move to just assume that your interpretation should be used.
You're right, except I disagree when you call it an asshole move. The way I play is, after all, primarily decided by me. Any records done by me are going to be done with the toolbox minimap visible on the screen. Changing the rules on this website won't change that fact.

Ether
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:47 pm
In-game name: Ether The God
Guild: Loa

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Ether »

Vivec wrote:It's great. You are aware that there's a discussion going on about the interpretation of that rule. Instead of avoiding it and waiting for the result of that discussion you decide to use yours and be done with it. I can understand that if there weren't an ongoing discussion about this and similar stuff. I won't claim your interpretation or mine or whoevers is correct or wrong, just that it's an asshole move to just assume that your interpretation should be used.
He posted an obviously humorous record to show how the rules for VQ's are currently outdated and need to be looked at. You are interpreting this as some rebellious attempt to undermine the authority that is GWSCR mods. It is far from that. I mean how more obvious can it get?

He isn't assuming his interpretation should be used. I think you are the one assuming that.While his playstyle will use the minimap, I don't see any hint of him telling us we should use his playstyle? Cruz and Misty are better than that, you should know that.

Vivec wrote: By doing that you just achieve what Alex said like 10 times since these discussions started, that people will start ignoring your input when you decide to actually add serious input to a discussion because you've successfully trained us to just assume you are joking and therefore just continue on without even thinking about what you post.
What I think you mean is, "I think so lowly of you that instead of trying to have a discussion with you I am just going to assume you are always trolling and blame it on you, not my inability to be able to distinguish a troll from serious discussion."
Vivec wrote: I'm perfectly aware that I was raging at two of the more vocal members of this discussions here and I even understand where you are coming from. I still don't agree with your method of "delivery" of your suggestions. I don't even know where the excemption for vq records from the video requirement came from, most likely because a lot of the older records only have a screenshot. I don't think that there'd be a huge discussion about changing this so what stopped you from at least trying to solve this problem by opening a thread and asking this excemption to be removed?
You shouldve said this at the start. You can not agree with how they delivered their opinions, thats perfectly reasonable. I mean, I didn't think there would be a huge discussion about changing this either, but look at what you wrote. Anyone could've started a thread, maybe as a mod you should take the initiative and start one, seeing as how you are very opinionated towards this matter.

Vivec
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:43 am
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Vivec »

Maybe as an active member of this community you should know by now that me having a great and powerful green name was a mistake on the admins part after Mike wrote to him.
I have written to him multiple times now to either remove me from that group or do what Mike proposed and give me the possibility to do the board changes he refuses/is unable to do.

I even tried to leave the mod group, but
Information wrote:You are not allowed to resign from your default group.

_____€dit______________
Ether wrote:What I think you mean is, "I think so lowly of you that instead of trying to have a discussion with you I am just going to assume you are always trolling and blame it on you, not my inability to be able to distinguish a troll from serious discussion."
No, that is not what I meant. According to basic communication theory and most people I've ever come across, getting a message across (even more so for a sarcastic message or "troll") relies on both (or all) participants of that conversation. So it's not instantly my (or anyone elses) fault to not get your great and "obvious" trolls if you do not actually voice the problem you have.

I'm not claiming that I don't have any part in not understanding your meaning. My problem is, that for example you and also a few other people here post stuff without any indication of their seriousness and afterwards claim that everyone should've gotten your trolls. This kind of stuff works better IRL where you actually can see facial expressions and stuff and even there it has no part in an actual serious discussion imo.
Ether wrote:He posted an obviously humorous record to show how the rules for VQ's are currently outdated and need to be looked at. You are interpreting this as some rebellious attempt to undermine the authority that is GWSCR mods. It is far from that. I mean how more obvious can it get?
I misinterpreted their point of complain in this. But see it as how it comes around to people like me and Alex who have argued extensively on opposing sites to the two OPs:
The solo record for this is posted obviously using TB Minimap which is in discussion at the moment. That was good fun and even sparked action in Flo gathering other previous records that used that feature, which is a good thing. I don't complain here.

But then, a bit later in a seeming rebellion, this is posted with snarks at not the missing video requirement but the usage of the minimap.
How do you imagine that starting the discussion of the missing vid requirement without anyone actually saying so?
How do you not understand that some people don't like the witty snarks in this post and see it as some rebellion as me saying that the solo record is - at most - a TAS record?

Karia
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 am
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Karia »

Ether wrote:
Vivec wrote: By doing that you just achieve what Alex said like 10 times since these discussions started, that people will start ignoring your input when you decide to actually add serious input to a discussion because you've successfully trained us to just assume you are joking and therefore just continue on without even thinking about what you post.
What I think you mean is, "I think so lowly of you that instead of trying to have a discussion with you I am just going to assume you are always trolling and blame it on you, not my inability to be able to distinguish a troll from serious discussion."
I dont want to have to distinguish between serious input and trolls during a discussion. This whole discussion tires me and brings no result in the end cause there are only a few ppl even interested in a solution...

Ether
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:47 pm
In-game name: Ether The God
Guild: Loa

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Ether »

Vivec wrote:Maybe as an active member of this community you should know by now that me having a great and powerful green name was a mistake on the admins part after Mike wrote to him.
I have written to him multiple times now to either remove me from that group or do what Mike proposed and give me the possibility to do the board changes he refuses/is unable to do.

I even tried to leave the mod group, but
Information wrote:You are not allowed to resign from your default group.
Ah yes I did forget about that. The whole 'telling peoples posts are invalid because certain rules, while having a green name' sure does throw me off. Regardless, you or I or anyone could start the thread, however I am under the assumption that if I were to, it would just be disregarded.

Karia wrote:
Ether wrote:
Vivec wrote: By doing that you just achieve what Alex said like 10 times since these discussions started, that people will start ignoring your input when you decide to actually add serious input to a discussion because you've successfully trained us to just assume you are joking and therefore just continue on without even thinking about what you post.
What I think you mean is, "I think so lowly of you that instead of trying to have a discussion with you I am just going to assume you are always trolling and blame it on you, not my inability to be able to distinguish a troll from serious discussion."
I dont want to have to distinguish between serious input and trolls during a discussion. This whole discussion tires me and brings no result in the end cause there are only a few ppl even interested in a solution...
Well Alex, I don't know what to tell you. Obviously I am dissapointed that you would just give up like this.

I am confused on how there is effort involved in being able to distinguish a troll/serious talk. Do you sit there for minutes, just over-analyzing a post, questioning if it is a legitimate thought or not? I thought you just shut down any opinion if you did not like how the person presented it to you. If you already have a list of people you just blatantly ignore, then how is there any effort?

The discussion tires everyone. Complaining will fix nothing. If you want to 'fix' the rules then you have to put in the effort, contribute in discussions, otherwise don't expect anything to happen.

Ether
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:47 pm
In-game name: Ether The God
Guild: Loa

Re: 4 Minutes Gandara, the Moon Fortress (2 man) [Loa]

Post by Ether »

Vivec wrote: I'm not claiming that I don't have any part in not understanding your meaning. My problem is, that for example you and also a few other people here post stuff without any indication of their seriousness and afterwards claim that everyone should've gotten your trolls. This kind of stuff works better IRL where you actually can see facial expressions and stuff and even there it has no part in an actual serious discussion imo.
Yeah this is true. I mostly assume that since I put in such low-effort when it comes to troll posts or comments, or they are so outrageous that people will be able to recognize, "hey thats a pretty far out opinion right there, thats probably a troll" , but yeah I can see how that can be misinterpreted .
Vivec wrote:
Ether wrote:He posted an obviously humorous record to show how the rules for VQ's are currently outdated and need to be looked at. You are interpreting this as some rebellious attempt to undermine the authority that is GWSCR mods. It is far from that. I mean how more obvious can it get?
I misinterpreted their point of complain in this. But see it as how it comes around to people like me and Alex who have argued extensively on opposing sites to the two OPs:
The solo record for this is posted obviously using TB Minimap which is in discussion at the moment. That was good fun and even sparked action in Flo gathering other previous records that used that feature, which is a good thing. I don't complain here.

But then, a bit later in a seeming rebellion, this is posted with snarks at not the missing video requirement but the usage of the minimap.
How do you imagine that starting the discussion of the missing vid requirement without anyone actually saying so?
How do you not understand that some people don't like the witty snarks in this post and see it as some rebellion as me saying that the solo record is - at most - a TAS record?
I don't think it was necessarily a post to bring attention to just one point of the rules, but the VQ section as a whole seeing as how they dropped coins (against the rules, but it does nothnig in game), had every panel for tb open, a notepad regarding minimap, etc.
When I was talking about minimap rules, i shouldve clarified that I meant the rules as a whole in regards to VQ.

EDIT: prob shouldve compressed the last 2 posts into one, sry

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests