6min Sanctum Cay Solo

Submit your current-meta and all-time mission records
Missions do not include The Deep or Urgoz's Warren whose records should be submitted in the Elite Area Records subforum.
haskhasin

6min Sanctum Cay Solo

Post by haskhasin »

This was fun! You can see /age at the beginning and at the end both before the cutscene and after loading Amnon oasis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-lbVptpja8

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: 6min Sanctum Cay Solo

Post by Misty »

Holy shitbiscuits, that was great to watch - 6:59! I'm not even slightly mad! You did every possible trick, made no mistakes (not getting stuck on hellhounds ftw), and even made it safe at the end by obstructing the rangers... ladies and gentlemen, this is what a great GW player looks like. This is why mission records are awesome - koz they showcase the ingenuity and flexibility you won't see doing the same elite areas over and over.

tl;dr: gz Has
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Thanks misty! And yea you were right, those hellhounds were a real pain.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

I really love that some other people decided to give this a try. We did this because of boredom and as Mike said he had asked for a forum I was worried that it would be our like 25 posts and thats it.

It is great to see people develop different / better strategies than we did. Gz on getting a 6, that 3min wait in the end of this mission is a real pain.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I still think mission records are kinda dumb. A big issue I have is that it's not an even goldrush, very few ppl already did all of them and most of those records can't be beaten, so what's left for the rest of the community? Either tie a mission record and be laughed at, or just ignore and move on.

Edit: I like when there is skill involved with strategies, etc, but unfortunately most missions are very linear and there is a single, obvious way to achieve optimal result. Or if you can do something a bit better, you can't improve enough to save a minute.

Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Vivec »

That is only true for the nightfall missions.
And even there some times we posted should still be beatable. At least in those missions were the final times is measured by seconds rather than full minutes (ruins of morah, abaddon, grand court of sebelkeh). There should be some space to improve yet.

In the other campaigns, most of the missions have no record yet. And one of the few we had in factions has already been beaten.

We had like 6/25 missions or something in prophecies. And of those, some have been already beaten as well.

So, I kinda agree that some of them are pretty unbeatable, but a few are beatable and a lot of them haven't even been done yet. I have tactics for a few of them but need some more people there. I still think it is a nice additional challenge to think of ways to beat those missions as fast as possible with as few people as possible.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

um, I think Golt has done 11 Prophecies missions, which is a bit more than 6 xD still, there are lots of opportunities left to get the records, but as Has said, many of them don't have any cool tricks you can do to speed things up... or maybe they do, but we haven't discovered it yet =P
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Man i hate approving posts - noone will ever look into these discussions again ;(
But to discussion topic: The best challenges are solo missions ;) - which are also a thing to do!