15min Solo Ruins of Surmia

Submit your current-meta and all-time mission records
Missions do not include The Deep or Urgoz's Warren whose records should be submitted in the Elite Area Records subforum.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

15min Solo Ruins of Surmia

Post by Flo »

At the same time easier and more cancerous than expected. Really smooth run, even though I could ve went for a faster strat at the final part to potentially get the 14. It would have probably only saved 10 seconds though.

Few thoughts:
-13 might be possible - it would be quite hard without finding a skip somewhere, since you would have to rely on close to perfect spawns.
-My Tengu spawn was pretty much perfect. You want exactly one healer to keep Rurik and your other stones alive, the mesmer was obviously great as well.
-The bar could be changed up to run Evas or Finish Him instead of Mirage Cloak to speed up the killing process. Issues with Evas are that the charr mind breakers as well as the stalkers have rupts. Also, the Shield of Judgement makes the assassin less useful. Might still be worth it, because it just lasts forever versus charr. Apart from that, both skills are real energy intensive since you re mostly hitting 1-3 enemies, there are no huge balls where you could restore your energy with eremites. Therefore when running Evas/FH probably swap eremites for twin moon sweep or even rending sweep. The latter would allow you to drop dwarven stability and keep mirage cloak but requires way more planning on where you re positioning versus meteor showers and on your adrenalin management. Dropping mirage cloak is also ugly because char chaots have shatter enchantment which forces you to constantly cover your sand shards / vos.
-Rocks are pretty much required, since you re constantly under the effect of faintheartedness.
-With really lucky spawns, multiple groups can be skipped: 0:34, 2:50, 6:28,
-With really unlucky spawns, you might get aggro from addtional groups: 7:13, 8:25 (the one far up the hill), 9:36, 10:23 (stone might aggro the stuff on top of the bridge), 12:39 (the group to the center)
-Groups that consist of 3 charr always have 1 buggy. To play around that, at 4:30 I wait for my allies to come close so they keep casting and dont kite out instantly, killing them before the martyr arrives.
-When Rurik is knocking, it is possible to kill the boss group before the last group of charr ash walkers. This doesnt save time, since one of Ruriks dialogs only triggers after the ash bringer group is killed.
-You could try to engage the groups with the 3 rangers and 3 elementalists at the same time while they re passing through eachother. That would ve potentially made the difference between the 15 and the 14. If the stone died it wouldnt have been problematic, since its recharged anyways.
-Who is going to read this shit anyways?
-One might also try to not close the 2-lever gate behind himself at all, finishing the 5 groups in the end before rurik dies.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: 15min Solo Ruins of Surmia

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:10 am
-Who is going to read this shit anyways?
I think you know the answer to that =D
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: 15min Solo Ruins of Surmia

Post by Flo »

for standard!