14 min Underworld

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Ann Toni
In-game name: Ann Toni

Re: 14 min Underworld

Post by Ann Toni »

Turc wrote:Hahahahah....the time will come where u will be beggin on ur kneels to be added to MY Flist. Who doesnt want to be friends with a real ancient God?? I reached all u wanna reach 3 years ago ;) ;) gratz again tho
Up to start a 'who got the biggest one contest'? xD

-we all know i got the biggest tho-

Charlo
In-game name: I Lily Whirlwind I
Guild: SenT / RIP

Post by Charlo »

Turc wrote:Oh Charlotte, ur so cute :) Me strong and serious xD That was back when i was Leaders of [You] and later became Officer of [DS]. All the Record runnings destroyed my personality and i had to sing sing Sing xD xD but, my singing is still better than ur uw-skills, okay? And Ros, do u allow me to post "useless" comments here, and not where i wont get all the desired attention, when i admit that I love U?
I agree, your voice is more than amazing, like you are better than Beyonce (for dancing too ;) )

Luke

Post by Luke »

Ros wrote:http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewforum.php?f=18

Here is a link to the so called Off Topic part of this forum, feel free to have useless discussions there ;)
Had my share in the off topic bs I admit but lets try and end it here.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmfljg67848#t=6m36s

It has been brought to my attention that this run uses ghosts in an unapproved manner. Going forward, all runs that use ghosts or other untargettable objects in such a manner, regardless of their impact on the run's time shall be denied.

Because this ghost usage did not impact the time of the run, and the run was widely accepted at the time, I am not immediately removing it. Instead I am opening this topic up to the following discussion: Should this record be stripped? State your cases. After I have reviewed the general consensus, I will choose from one of the following:

-remove this run from the records list
-keep it
-keep it with a footnote along the lines of *This run uses third party tools in a manner that the community has since deemed unacceptable, and no longer allows.

Stay on topic. This is not for discussing what you think the rules should be. Keep it relevant to which category you think the run should fall into. You may propose another category if you can think of one that is meaningfully different from those already listed. The players in this run will not be banned from further record submissions. The actions performed in that run were deemed acceptable at the time. That topic is not the purpose of this discussion.

I feel that this is the fairest possible course of action for all parties involved.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

My first reaction is to keep the run with a footnote.

The ghosts did not speed up the run in any meaningful way because the other terras were slower. The run was generally accepted when it was posted. Even the second HoS off of a ghost could have been easily done by pulling a bladed/grasp and using it as an alternative target. For these reasons I feel that a footnote is an appropriate compromise. Failing that, I would argue in favor of complete removal.

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

This record is to be taken down. Whether or not the impact was meaningful, rules were broken and as such the record is non-legit.

fanta
In-game name: Fanta the Great
Guild: DaWn

Post by fanta »

I don't understand why you are all bitching about toolbox, everybody use it , the same for ghost, it's part of the game and now part of the metagame, do the ghost +eoe trick is a hack ? everybody know the use of ghosts and now that all the sc players knows each others and what ppl can do why blaming a shortcut of 2s cuz ghost+hos? teh game is dead, it's useless bitching about everything.

Libra
Guild: pRma

Post by Libra »

fanta wrote:I don't understand why you are all bitching about toolbox, everybody use it , the same for ghost, it's part of the game and now part of the metagame
LOL

The funniest post
Last edited by Libra on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Post by Eva is impressed »

fanta wrote:the same for ghost
no.

This is a gameplay action you can't reproduce through the game only. It's not something harmless like clicking somewhere for you or displaying a clock (in chat or as an overlay). No one's saying anything about ghosts triggering EoE or unglitching driders with them.

Spagh
In-game name: Miss Spaghettis
Guild: pRma

Post by Spagh »

Amongst all the crazy things I've read, this must be the funniest (and scariest). Ok, let's take a deep breath & try to be as clear as possible...
  1. fanta wrote:I don't understand why you are all bitching about toolbox, everybody use it
    No. Just because you and a bunch of players use hacks in order to get a decent time doesn't mean that everybody does. Get your shit together, please. This is not an argument. Bringing that up only make you look desperate to justify yourself.
  2. fanta wrote:the same for ghost, it's part of the game and now part of the metagame
    Ghost HoS hack is not part of the game nor of the current metagame, unless you consider all kind of hacks to be part of the game, in that case yes. I hope you didn't really think what you just wrote or that you'll realize it's actually non sense.
  3. fanta wrote:do the ghost +eoe trick is a hack
    Of course not, players use a skill of the game plus an item anyone can obtain, it's a weakness of the game. Just like Necrotic Traversal allowing you to get through doors back then. No third party programs, no weird game alterations, only players using game skills & mechanics. Simple as that.
  4. fanta wrote:everybody know the use of ghosts and now that all the sc players knows each others and what ppl can do why blaming a shortcut of 2s cuz ghost+hos?
    Because a shortcut of 2s can get you a record, you have an advantage over players who don't use and who don't want to use hacks. Also, if you really want to HoS on something when there's nothing to HoS on, you have to use a summoning stone. A stone that is maybe needed elsewhere. Such small actions can have huge impacts on whole tactics. I won't talk about the details but it makes you save a lot of time in DoA for instance because it prevents you from glitching patrols (and going through them) with Shadow Form on (no need to cast anything etc...). So, if you think that GiTb hack is "only a 2s shortcut", you are wrong and you're proving once again that you don't understand anything about SC tactics & Guild Wars in general.
  5. fanta wrote:teh game is dead, it's useless bitching about everything.
    Is it actually hard to understand that there are still players that want to do records legitimately? We still exist. Plus I don't see how that justify such actions? It is also not an argument.
I've been doing records for a long time and this kind of post makes me sick. There is absolutely no logic in anything you've said. This message is truly a masterpiece. You're probably convinced that you're giving valid arguments but you don't. The worst part is that a majority of players think the same way you do.

We should have been worried when things turned out this way, it feels like everyone is convinced that, in order to get a decent time now, you have to use hacks. But there is something far more effective than that.