[亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Teh
In-game name: Teh Luvs Melandru
Guild: Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

Re: [亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Post by Teh »

Gurky wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:43 am
They don't cheat in races... They go for records on track as a single person -> single player and don't cheat on official servers wtf
-> https://youtu.be/yDUdGvgmKIw
Not much more to say and it's just one example.
Gurky wrote:
So you're saying you kids were basically too dogshit do to it pure? Gotcha... Glad this game exists for all the handicapped gamers out there that wanna feel good at something
-> So you're saying you can't solo Urgoz without abusing ME cause you too dogshit at the game? Gotcha... Glad this game exists for all the handicapped gamers out there that wanna feel good at something and get carried by abusing the game

Seeing how broadly you categorize TAS as cheating why not rename the category that way so that even you, you the one criticizing it are taken into account as you are our fellow cheaters

onid
In-game name: Max S Up Er Sta R

Post by onid »

I saw urgoz 7man as a record that wasnt possible without the help of further tools and since the rulset allowed me to use those I did not have any moral constraints.

What I learned from my many gw2 records is that I really dont give a fuck about other peoples opinions as long as Im having fun. And you know what? EE Plugin is very fun to play with (:
In addition its allowed in the rules. Im not the type of person to bitch about rules, I take them as they are and abuse them as they are. If you willingly restrict yourself within a ruleset you're obviously free to do that but if you call others out for not doing the same, perhaps not only gw1 records but all sorts of competitions arent for you.

I wasnt playing when standard got removed but I would be happy if this contributed towards reigniting a discussion about reintroducing that ruleset.

This was my personal opinion on the matter and not my teams, who I did these urgoz records with.

BackTwoBaySix
In-game name: Back Two Bay Six
Guild: Aria

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

What we need is a community mindset shift, here are my “commandments”:
• PURE is the new default category.
• PURE and TAS are separate categories and should not directly be compared.
• TAS records are not necessarily achievable PURE, so citing skill issue is not always true.
• TAS can be to show what is theoretically possible in the game, with cheating. This could be by relying on recalls on mini-pets, dialogs in combat, rupt bots etc.
• TAS can also be (as standard was) to reduce the grind/make the game more enjoyable.
• Disregard what others think about your TAS usage because people are biased and out to protect their own ego.

Personally, I’ll try to run PURE unless there is a dependency on TAS. Though if I run TAS, it could be for either of the above reasons, and I won't worry about what others think while doing it :)

Gurky
In-game name: Doa Maybe
Guild: [Gurk]

Post by Gurky »

Teh wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:53 am
Gurky wrote:
They don't cheat in races... They go for records on track as a single person -> single player and don't cheat on official servers wtf
-> https://youtu.be/yDUdGvgmKIw
Not much more to say and it's just one example.

So they cheated, got caught and punished? What's your point? XD
Gurky wrote:
So you're saying you kids were basically too dogshit do to it pure? Gotcha... Glad this game exists for all the handicapped gamers out there that wanna feel good at something
Teh wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:53 am
-> So you're saying you can't solo Urgoz without abusing ME cause you too dogshit at the game? Gotcha... Glad this game exists for all the handicapped gamers out there that wanna feel good at something and get carried by abusing the game
Not sure what ME is but for the only record that I really care about / grinded for I have proven I can do it pure. I could beat that Urgoz record pure within a week for sure. Its been a while but I didn't even use anything besides auto hero flagging, auto pcons and obviously the gate timer helps.
Also I don't think my personal level of skill is in question here... Can't think of a video game where I haven't performed on a high level in a pretty quick time what people whom I played with when I came back to gw probably can confirm quite easily XD

Joker
In-game name: Mesmerizing Joker
Guild: Cook

Post by Joker »

N I N A wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:02 am
keaz wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 am
Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 am

going to gatekeeping and personal insults sure is one way to admit you lost the argument, so good for you!
We've had this argument for years and nothing has changed, there's no point in continuing to argue with you clowns. Keep doing your things, you guys definetly aren't dogshit players :)
Amen
nice "moderator" tag, saying amen to someone openly insulting fair competitors (: you guys are a complete laughing stock ngl

keaz
Guild: [SenT]

Post by keaz »

Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:13 am
N I N A wrote:
keaz wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 am

We've had this argument for years and nothing has changed, there's no point in continuing to argue with you clowns. Keep doing your things, you guys definetly aren't dogshit players :)
Amen
nice "moderator" tag, saying amen to someone openly insulting fair competitors (: you guys are a complete laughing stock ngl
Get mad, tas clown. Why would a mod show any respect to a cheating filth? Please don't call yourself a "fair" competitor. XD

The fact that you guys don't realize how much of a joke this community is for allowing stuff like this to exist and become the most played category is beyond comprehension. In any other game, this wouldn't even be up for debate, but I suppose the community of this game is just different.
It's ok, guys, we got it. You can be faster by using cheats, but it doesn't mean that you have to go that path.
In chess, programs have become better than humans, but the competition is still human vs. human cause else it would be hella boring. You guys gotta accept that being faster by EVERY means is not an end in itself even if it says so in those stupid rules.

But as I said earlier, we've been having this same debate for years, and nothing has changed. So yeah, keep hacking your way to faster times, and people who have a little respect for themselves will eventually choose a different path.

Joker
In-game name: Mesmerizing Joker
Guild: Cook

Post by Joker »

keaz wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:51 am
Joker wrote:
N I N A wrote:

Amen
Get mad, tas clown. Why would a mod show any respect to a cheating filth? Please don't call yourself a "fair" competitor. XD

The fact that you guys don't realize how much of a joke this community is for allowing stuff like this to exist and become the most played category is beyond comprehension. In any other game, this wouldn't even be up for debate, but I suppose the community of this game is just different.
It's ok, guys, we got it. You can be faster by using cheats, but it doesn't mean that you have to go that path.
In chess, programs have become better than humans, but the competition is still human vs. human cause else it would be hella boring. You guys gotta accept that being faster by EVERY means is not an end in itself even if it says so in those stupid rules.

But as I said earlier, we've been having this same debate for years, and nothing has changed. So yeah, keep hacking your way to faster times, and people who have a little respect for themselves will eventually choose a different path.
you sound really bitter to be honest and it doesnt look like you are searching for a civiliced discussion so i will stop responding to you after this. if you get the feeling your dick is tiny because a tas run was faster than your pure thats a you issue. but i assume by how you are acting the small dick issue is not related to gw speedruns anyways lmao. btw there has been a lot of human vs ai experiments in chess, the only difference being that the HUMANS there typically dont get salty because the ai beat them ;) big emphasis on humans here hehe.

keaz

Post by keaz »

Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:12 am
keaz wrote:
Joker wrote:

you sound really bitter to be honest and it doesnt look like you are searching for a civiliced discussion so i will stop responding to you after this. if you get the feeling your dick is tiny because a tas run was faster than your pure thats a you issue. but i assume by how you are acting the small dick issue is not related to gw speedruns anyways lmao. btw there has been a lot of human vs ai experiments in chess, the only difference being that the HUMANS there typically dont get salty because the ai beat them ;) big emphasis on humans here hehe.
Humans do get a bit salty when it happens tho right? (try looking up Kasparov vs Deepblue) but why would I be salty since none of the fow pure records have been beaten by TAS players? Sad would be more accurate than salty tbh

Also, something that I didn't mention was that, in my opinion, TAS as a category can probably exist but definitely not as the main category where people compete. Instead, it should be a minor, fun one where you could cheat your way to the fastest time possible by using every new technology/glitch you could find. It's probably what it should've been designed as in the first place, and it's definitely not what it is right now.

Teh
In-game name: Teh Luvs Melandru
Guild: Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

Post by Teh »

Gurky wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:00 am
So they cheated, got caught and punished? What's your point? XD
You said people don't cheat on race / official servers but I guess my video proving that they in fact do is too hard to understand.

Gurky wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:00 am
Not sure what ME is but for the only record that I really care about / grinded for I have proven I can do it pure. I could beat that Urgoz record pure within a week for sure. Its been a while but I didn't even use anything besides auto hero flagging, auto pcons and obviously the gate timer helps.
Also I don't think my personal level of skill is in question here... Can't think of a video game where I haven't performed on a high level in a pretty quick time what people whom I played with when I came back to gw probably can confirm quite easily XD
MH, my bad, however nice minipet jumps you got there https://youtu.be/Yi-XZxfnsqQ, don't see it in your list weirdly enough, really wonder why...
And words don't have weight in here, only proof and AFAIK there's no video of you doing it, once again wonder why...
Empty words all over the place whike being one of the "filthy cheater", it's quite daring.

keaz wrote:
In any other game, this wouldn't even be up for debate, but I suppose the community of this game is just different.
Thanks for once I agree with you cause you know, on any other game people would've noticed that this run didn't break ANY SINGLE RULE of the TAS ruleset so there'd be no need to debate. There's different rulesets to offer different playstyles and opportunities to players but I guess it's too hard to understand for some people on here.

keaz

Post by keaz »

Teh wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:05 am

keaz wrote:
In any other game, this wouldn't even be up for debate, but I suppose the community of this game is just different.
Thanks for once I agree with you cause you know, on any other game people would've noticed that this run didn't break ANY SINGLE RULE of the TAS ruleset so there'd be no need to debate. There's different rulesets to offer different playstyles and opportunities to players but I guess it's too hard to understand for some people on here.
Little man, I couldn't care less about your stupid irelevant urgoz record. We all know your cringe stuff is ALLOWED and its bad luck we're having this discussion here but your brain seem to miss the point of this whole debate which concerns the actual state of the TAS category/GW speedrunning rulesets

For real Im ashamed I created a guild that would be filled years later with that much idiots :/