[亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Joker
In-game name: Mesmerizing Joker
Guild: Cook

Re: [亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Post by Joker »

i think people have to adjust their mindset that TAS and PURE can be comparable at all (see Teh`s argument about other games). they are completely different runs, and once people accept that, they can chose to compete in either and not have to go cry to mommy because a TAS is considerably faster than their pure. TAS is not a category to do impressive gameplay, its literally the opposite. its flexing on the game by coming up with solutions that make it far easier than what a human player could ever achieve. the mental gymnastics in this thread are wild tbh. if you hate playing pure, make a petition to bring back standard

Gurky
In-game name: Doa Maybe
Guild: [Gurk]

Post by Gurky »

I don't like the comparison to other TAS games since they're mostly or even exclusively single player games or atleast what the TAS people do in it. The fact anet allows us to cheat in a way is nice enough, no need to push this to an extend in my opinion... I am sure this game can be hella broken like glitching through all kinds of walls etc seeing what bugs it offers and it would be super fun to see where it can go but not on the official server.

Teh
In-game name: Teh Luvs Melandru
Guild: Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

Post by Teh »

It's funny that you speak about TAS being mostly for single player games when games like Trackmania exist with a pretty developped TAS scene and with multiple dramas of people using TAS to get "PURE" records.

Moreover you (and others) have categorized TAS as cheating but seem to have no issues with people exploiting glitch which, by definition, is worse because it's "not intended" in the base game even though it is available. All of that because of rightly timed EE facilitated by Toolbox, which can be achieved PURE and is the result of... clever use of game mechanic.

Joker

Post by Joker »

Gurky wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:22 am
I don't like the comparison to other TAS games since they're mostly or even exclusively single player games or atleast what the TAS people do in it. The fact anet allows us to cheat in a way is nice enough, no need to push this to an extend in my opinion... I am sure this game can be hella broken like glitching through all kinds of walls etc seeing what bugs it offers and it would be super fun to see where it can go but not on the official server.
im sure you farm all your pcons by hand if you claim that you dont want the economy etc being influenced by "TAS" activities (:

keaz
Guild: [SenT]

Post by keaz »

Tbh, TAS category existing is fine; having a clear separation between brain damaged fingerless players and good players who respect themselves is a nice thing to have :)

Joker

Post by Joker »

keaz wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:04 am
Tbh, TAS category existing is fine; having a clear separation between brain damaged fingerless players and good players who respect themselves is a nice thing to have :)
going to gatekeeping and personal insults sure is one way to admit you lost the argument, so good for you!

keaz

Post by keaz »

Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 am
keaz wrote:
going to gatekeeping and personal insults sure is one way to admit you lost the argument, so good for you!
We've had this argument for years and nothing has changed, there's no point in continuing to argue with you clowns. Keep doing your things, you guys definetly aren't dogshit players :)

N I N A
In-game name: Nina fow god

Post by N I N A »

keaz wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 am
Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 am
keaz wrote:
We've had this argument for years and nothing has changed, there's no point in continuing to argue with you clowns. Keep doing your things, you guys definetly aren't dogshit players :)
Amen

Gurky
In-game name: Doa Maybe
Guild: [Gurk]

Post by Gurky »

Teh wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:36 am
It's funny that you speak about TAS being mostly for single player games when games like Trackmania exist with a pretty developped TAS scene and with multiple dramas of people using TAS to get "PURE" records.

They don't cheat in races... They go for records on track as a single person -> single player and don't cheat on official servers wtf
Teh wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:36 am
Moreover you (and others) have categorized TAS as cheating but seem to have no issues with people exploiting glitch which, by definition, is worse because it's "not intended" in the base game even though it is available. All of that because of rightly timed EE facilitated by Toolbox, which can be achieved PURE and is the result of... clever use of game mechanic.
So you're saying you kids were basically too dogshit do to it pure? Gotcha... Glad this game exists for all the handicapped gamers out there that wanna feel good at something
Joker wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:53 am
im sure you farm all your pcons by hand if you claim that you dont want the economy etc being influenced by "TAS" activities (:
What does botting have to do with TAS? Also I have never in my life botted nor do I even have a 2nd account... No clue where the pcons I buy come from and I don't care

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Post by James/SynSity »

i'm surprised people aren't genuinely at the point where they're willing to admit that toolbox functions are no longer toolbox functions. they are now what we used to call cheating/hacking. we got here slowly, by the entire community accepting it one function at a time, by those who don't use that function ignoring it, etc. i'm not innocent in all this either, but we are where we are. i'm not sure there's a better way out of this than one side of the aisle looking at the other sides' records and seeing them as dogshit. overwise we vote to disallow toolbox in record runs enitrely. it's been obvious for a while that there seems to be no middle ground between "tas pops my pcons" and "tas plays half the game for me". the standard category existed for that purpose, but with new functions being added everyday and very little regulation it seemed pointless. but now we have to move on and accept that if you post a record as TAS on here, you will be in the same category and competing against those who are willing to use literally any hack, cheat, exploit available that toolbox can provide. and the sky is seemingly the limit on that one. so as i said, the best and only way to know what was used on a record is to watch it yourself.