[亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
BackTwoBaySix
In-game name: Back Two Bay Six
Guild: Aria

Re: [亡囗囗大] 7man 4min Urgoz's Warren (TAS)

Post by BackTwoBaySix »

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

TAS is TAS idiots, go cry in a pillow if you don't like it.

Aria
In-game name: Aria Moonshot
Guild: [モvェム]

Post by Aria »

i don't even have a problem with this record IDK why you included my comment in the picture lol , the record is scummy cus of scripts but its within tas rules so it's fine on the table (imo) . i'm just a retarded standard player that struggles to use a pc , bye

Gurky
In-game name: Doa Maybe
Guild: [Gurk]

Post by Gurky »

I wasn't even playing when all this standard / TAS shit was a thing lmao
For me it would be perfect if everyone played the game pure but most of you clowns couldn't even find the correct outpost without TB probably

Joker
In-game name: Mesmerizing Joker
Guild: Cook

Post by Joker »

yeah it was a real hassle, when some of us were doing the 11man pure we had to get ferried out of gh :sadge:

Aria wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:35 am
i don't even have a problem with this record IDK why you included my comment in the picture lol , the record is scummy cus of scripts but its within tas rules so it's fine on the table (imo) . i'm just a retarded standard player that struggles to use a pc , bye
the mental gymnastics olympic team is looking for members if gw is not for you anymore (:

Aria
In-game name: Aria Moonshot
Guild: [モvェム]

Post by Aria »

yeah listen i don't even care . its a dead korean mmo and a lot of you are acting like this shit actually matters

scumming the necessary seconds anywhere with scripts doesn't interest me , i'm not even mad so please don't act like it bothers me .
++ this whole conversation is petty ; no rules have been broken just a lot of hurt egos on show

why would i give a fuck what you guys are doing , no one else should either

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Post by James/SynSity »

tas is indeed tas, but i would think that everyone in this community has enough of a brain to realize that if tas = scripts and shit like this, then it's obviously gone too far. obviously it's all of our fault that it was allowed to reach this point, but i'm surprised anyone would even dispute that we have reached a point where it can no longer even be defended. if the question "how much of this record did your fingers and brain actually do" has to be asked, that's a problem. and it most definitely has to be asked with every TAS record these days. it sucks and it's made our game worse but it is what it is. anyone who can't see that is beyond blind.

Teh
In-game name: Teh Luvs Melandru
Guild: Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

Post by Teh »

Pretty caught up in IRL shit but

James/SynSity
In-game name: Ranger Goes Sin

Post by James/SynSity »

i'm sorry but it's straight up pathetic to be unable to cop to the fact that ruptbot scripts in records is something we should've probably put our foot down on. i mean just because something is called a "toolbox function", doesn't mean it's just intrinsically not cheating. we should've learned that with all the movement macros, mini jumps, and all the other shit that was added, but we're obviously too far gone at this point. the designations of TAS and PURE as essentially meaningless you basically just have to watch a record to determine if they did or didn't use one of these "new toolbox features" that has been defined as cheating in this game for as long as i've played. like i said it's all of our fault that we're here, mine included as i used mini jumps and didn't think much of it. but we're here and it's probably time that we all take a step back, look at the situation and say "okay this has gotten out of hand". even those of us who are guilty of abusing the "features" that are much closer to hacking the game to cheat than they are to "quality of life updates".

Teh
In-game name: Teh Luvs Melandru
Guild: Making High Quality Cookies [亡囗囗大]

Post by Teh »

It is LITERALLY called TAS
Tool
Assisted
Speedrun

It was, is and always will be about using TOOLS to ASSIST your SPEEDRUN. I can't fathom how you'd name a category that way and expect ANYTHING ELSE than that. You can google "TAS +[Any game]" and you will end up with things that are lightyears more TAS than this but still shows perfectly what TAS is intended to be.

There's no "it's getting out of hand" kind of deal since it's the way it's defined to its core, if you want a category for TAS but with not too much TAS, ask away but stop trying to redefine something that has a defined meaning already, you aren't buying butter expecting to find bread instead in the package. It's not because nobody took the step forward in the TAS shenanigans that you can expect nobody to ever take it, it's ridiculous.