[DS] UW: 39min - 3man

Submit your current-meta and all-time elite area records
Pepsi
In-game name: Julius Von Pepsi
Guild: Dhuum Stucker [DS]

Re: [DS] UW: 39min - 3man

Post by Pepsi »

Why does it matter what I do or don’t believe?
I was trying to reason why we should not allow the toolbox in record-runs before we had clear rules about it - I failed.
I tried changing the rules once they were established, without any drama BTW - I failed.
That’s about as much as I can do and I accepted the rules. I never claimed a record is void because someone used the toolbox in the boundaries of what is legal by GWSCR-standards.

What I believe -what anyone believes- does not matter in any way if there are clear rules.
That’s why religion doesn’t/shouldn’t affect democracies, that’s why I cannot claim records do not count and that’s why calling me a hypocrite does not have any effect on this debate.
Whilst I am following the official rules, my opinion on these rules is absolutely no one’s business.

Furthermore, I want to point out that I did not initialize any of this discussion.
We posted a record and people started -sarcastically or not- accusing me of cheating. Admitting, we did not post a video to prove the legitimacy of this run*, but simply defending myself from this cannot be reason enough to demolish my credibility.

However, I do have to accept that my reasoning is just as worthless as this debate and I cannot claim these are valid arguments.

*Edit:
which, at the most, should end up in not approving the record

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

Well, the community has decided that much of Toolbox is permitted, so there would be nothing hypocritical about using it even on a serious record attempt (and as has been said, this wasn't). After all, Pepsi and men of his ilk argue that using those parts of Toolbox gives an advantage which they believe should be banned. But as long as it isn't, they are obviously free to use any permitted advantage to make their records faster/easier/safer.

Just because someone disagrees with a rule doesn't mean they must artificially limit themselves or be called "hypocrites" if they don't.

Pepsi might personally feel whatever he likes about the legitimacy of this record, but it adheres to the official rules and is thus valid and may be posted. Without being subject to insults.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Yeah there are no rule breaks, so this is legit. I'm just a bit lazy atm :^)

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Approved'ed'ed'ed!