This is a guide to show you how to use OBS Studio to capture your gameplay and ultimately upload it to YouTube or similar sites. It is intended for people who have no prior knowledge about such topics and if you have some knowledge about it you might want to skim over the passages you are already familiar with.
It will show you the following things:
- How to download and install the capture software, in this example OBS
- How to configure OBS to both locally record and stream to a streaming service (e.g. https://www.twitch.tv)
- How to configure OBS to record in different resolutions encoding settings (yeah, this is Technobabble, i know) to lessen the impact on the rest of your system (this means: How to use it if your computer is shit)
- How to capture both windowed and fullscreen applications and how to add different stuff (e.g. seperate timer programs or a webcam to the recording)
- A miniature guide on how to do basic (tm) video editing (this is basically a "how to use movie maker to cut unwanted stuff from my video and add awesome music guide with not much depth)
- Provide a place to ask about your problems with this so a solution can be found and everybody is able to record his or her gameplay