Moderator Application

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
I Shadow Keks I
In-game name: I Shadow Keks I
Guild: Dhuum Stucker [DS]

Re: Moderator Application

Post by I Shadow Keks I »

Mhh. Does it make sense to have a moderator that is pushing for records?
I thought about applying, too. But since we are pushing for a record atm it would be weird if I would be part of it and approve it.

Like Hektor already said " No advantages for other people, just for me"...I'm sure the community would always check if the record is really valid, but maybe a casual uw player or an inactive speed uw player would be a better moderator.

Rocks4Free
In-game name: Marlana
Guild: DS

Post by Rocks4Free »

I Shadow Keks I wrote:Mhh. Does it make sense to have a moderator that is pushing for records?
I thought about applying, too. But since we are pushing for a record atm it would be weird if I would be part of it and approve it.

Like Hektor already said " No advantages for other people, just for me"...I'm sure the community would always check if the record is really valid, but maybe a casual uw player or an inactive speed uw player would be a better moderator.
Totaly agree ... this forum doesn't need a Hudini #2!

Luke

Post by Luke »

U wont get any dw keks ;)

u make a fair point tho...

Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

I Shadow Keks I wrote:Like Hektor already said " No advantages for other people, just for me"...I'm sure the community would always check if the record is really valid, but maybe a casual uw player or an inactive speed uw player would be a better moderator.
I agree for Hektor, but even if I understand what you mean, I disagree.

We don't need someone without experience of records or who doesn't play anymore because he would be a James #2.

My first intent is to find someone active, with a good knowledge of elite areas and mature enough to be impartial. I don't understand what you're suggesting a casual uw player, most of them have no understanding of game mechanics. But maybe it's your way to be impartial, only uw players are "serious players". But what about Fow, DoA, Deep, Urgoz or dungeon players ?

Anyway, applications are closed, it's time to vote.

I Shadow Keks I
In-game name: I Shadow Keks I
Guild: Dhuum Stucker [DS]

Post by I Shadow Keks I »

Dwadwa <3 wrote: But maybe it's your way to be impartial, only uw players are "serious players". But what about Fow, DoA, Deep, Urgoz or dungeon players ?
Haha no, of course every sc player is a serious player. I did other sc records as well :D
I was only talking about 'uw players' because maybe someone would think I might be a bad moderator for an UW record that I achieved.

But anyway, lets hope we find an active and fair new moderator.
Btw, why is Luke actually in the list? His "application" sounded more like a troll :P

Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

I Shadow Keks I wrote:Btw, why is Luke actually in the list? His "application" sounded more like a troll :P
I thought only adults were going to post in this thread, but if it was a troll I was wrong...

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Pretty sure Ros' wasn't as serious as it could be, either.

However, what I'm missing a bit is why we should choose the applicants here. What has led them to their application, what they'll plan to do in future, how strictly they'll follow which rules and how they interpret them. Or just basically any reason to vote for the applying individual.

Right now, my vote would go to Hugo and Libra, due to their apparent widely spread participation and interest in various areas, which I have not seen in other applications.
It would surely help diminishing the need of additional moderations for different areas. As well as I've seen Libra being/remaining competent in discussions.

Would be quite interested in others opionions, because all honestly, without taking the posting person into account, five out of eight applications seem outright awful to me.

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Marcin »

Sylars wrote:Pretty sure Ros' wasn't as serious as it could be, either.

However, what I'm missing a bit is why we should choose the applicants here. What has led them to their application, what they'll plan to do in future, how strictly they'll follow which rules and how they interpret them. Or just basically any reason to vote for the applying individual.
This isn't a job application.. why so serious?
And James was chosen to be mod by Cookie without most of communities consent and not knowing much at all about him. After all this is just a game..
Also the people who wanted to be in the poll are active and I usually see most of them everyday in embark or guild etc.
All this person will need to do is reject/approve records that many guilds are pushing for atm and to validate current table and records posted which have been ignored.

Luke

Post by Luke »

He's trying to sound smart and mature

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Marcin wrote:
Sylars wrote:Pretty sure Ros' wasn't as serious as it could be, either.

This isn't a job application.. why so serious?
And James was chosen to be mod by Cookie without most of communities consent and not knowing much at all about him. After all this is just a game..
Also the people who wanted to be in the poll are active and I usually see most of them everyday in embark or guild etc.
All this person will need to do is reject/approve records that many guilds are pushing for atm and to validate current table and records posted which have been ignored.
Might have some concerns coherenting with those keks mentioned.