A new rule

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Re: A new rule

Post by Sylars »

A community won't die because of a rule requesting videos of record runs. The rule got established right after you got the 13 (funny enough), but we (DS) have no problem with it. If we get a record, we won't make all videos public, but rather show them to cookie for approval.

By the way, in guild wars 2, a very cpu demanding game (making recording a lot harder) no one complains about videos being requested.

keymakr

Post by keymakr »

I know I'm not a part of the community, only recently came across it and I'm still considering if I want to try to make a team for running in gw2, but I'll post anyway because I speedrun other games.

If you want to speedrun at a high level and push wr times, you should be recording. Even if you are part of a team and its not strictly required to record, you should probably still be recording. If your computer is capable of running gw/gw2, it should be able to handle running simple recording software (obs self recording isn't very CPU intensive iirc).

Now, I see some people complaining about "giving away strats" by posting videos. I really hope that is a joke. If you want the community to never grow, then hiding strats is totally the way to go. If you actually want to foster competition and get more people to actually get involved with the community, then don't try to be sneaky and hide away everything you're doing. One of your strats could very easily inspire someone else to think in a different way and figure out something faster, or apply something similar somewhere else. I don't really understand when people are afraid of competition while doing something that's inherently competitive.

Fabi
In-game name: Fabi Der Kaempfer
Guild: SenT

Post by Fabi »

but we (DS) have no problem with it. If we get a record
as if DS would get a record again :lol:

K A O S Theory
In-game name: N Op E
Guild: A Diff One From 10min ago

Post by K A O S Theory »

keymakr wrote: Now, I see some people complaining about "giving away strats" by posting videos. I really hope that is a joke. If you want the community to never grow, then hiding strats is totally the way to go. If you actually want to foster competition and get more people to actually get involved with the community, then don't try to be sneaky and hide away everything you're doing. One of your strats could very easily inspire someone else to think in a different way and figure out something faster, or apply something similar somewhere else. I don't really understand when people are afraid of competition while doing something that's inherently competitive.
The SC community in GW1 has always been elitist, its why the community really doesnt grow, they dont want it to :P

Just my opinion tho

Luke

Post by Luke »

Quality over Quantity

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Fabi wrote:
but we (DS) have no problem with it. If we get a record
as if DS would get a record again :lol:
:)

icryabouttoolbox
Guild: SenT

Post by icryabouttoolbox »

I don't do uw, I do fow, but I know that there's no way we can trust any record by Sylars. Firstly, he admitted to being in the hacked run that was posted as, "Leggit 13 min uw". In that run he used a hack to take The Nightman Cometh as soon as king was spawned. We know that DS is in possession on this hack. For a 12 min uw, I was told that you would need new tactics without an emo, because in standard splits the areas cannot be in time. With my little knowledge of UW, I know that doing dhuum without an emo is hard to glitch him (I've been in runs where the emo died and it failed the run because dhuum wouldn't glitch) and to do dhuum without an emo would be very hard and to get it consistent you would have to practice it. Because DS is in possession in such a handy hack, they can go in with their whole team and practice dhuum with no emo, an advantage that no other team has. Anyone who would trust these people have no brain. There's nothing comparable to this hack, because I'm not sure any elite area has such a boss, unless you found a way to hack urgoz or deep, but who is pushing for those records.

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

#BanSylar2k14

Charlo
In-game name: I Lily Whirlwind I
Guild: SenT / RIP

Post by Charlo »

keymakr wrote:I know I'm not a part of the community, only recently came across it and I'm still considering if I want to try to make a team for running in gw2, but I'll post anyway because I speedrun other games.

If you want to speedrun at a high level and push wr times, you should be recording. Even if you are part of a team and its not strictly required to record, you should probably still be recording. If your computer is capable of running gw/gw2, it should be able to handle running simple recording software (obs self recording isn't very CPU intensive iirc).

Now, I see some people complaining about "giving away strats" by posting videos. I really hope that is a joke. If you want the community to never grow, then hiding strats is totally the way to go. If you actually want to foster competition and get more people to actually get involved with the community, then don't try to be sneaky and hide away everything you're doing. One of your strats could very easily inspire someone else to think in a different way and figure out something faster, or apply something similar somewhere else. I don't really understand when people are afraid of competition while doing something that's inherently competitive.
Have u ever played Gw ?

Moonzy

Post by Moonzy »

this is dumb as fuck