So let's find a Solution.

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

So let's find a Solution.

Post by Nika »

Warning: This thread only deals with finding a solution. Anything that is too radical for a solution is not welcome here.

I won't give any introduction here, i won't explain anything we have discussed in the previous threads.
If you missed anything on the Topic, read the 5+ site long topics in the "Guild Wars" and the "Elite Areas Records" Secitons and you read all.

We recently had 2 things poping up in the discussion: videos, toolbox ban.
As some of you might know, i am against the banning of the toolbox, simply of the reason, that it is an awesome timer. I don't care much about the rest, but the timer helps me to time things, make notes and yeah it is the only way to proove toolboxuseage.
But i am also not very convinced of the idea to record every single run.
My Idea was, to do tryouts regarding the video thing, and reward that.
That means, that people who choose to record runs, and sacrifice the possible use of (forbidden) unproveable hacks, and display their tacitcs, and in return are allowed to use a pcon autopopper, or other privileges the community agrees on.
It was said often enough, that anyone could record + upload.
In order that anyone can actually achieve that, we would need guides from the countless of video-exp people on gwscr on which software to use, and how to get the smallest possible video out of your recordings. That all with free software ofcourse.

I guess i didn't mention everything, or explained why, but you all are smart people and can figure out why.

Daniel
Guild: SenT

Re: So let's find a Solution.

Post by Daniel »

Well, I don't know if I am the only one, but I only use toolbox because it's the only timer that I can use on windows8
So if someone could make a timer, which isn't the toolbox one, it would solve the problem for me and probably others
(Also I would be very thankful for it)

yago
In-game name: X Guarda Montes X

Post by yago »

My solution is just ignore every jealous people who cries on a dead game.

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Solution a) Allow any hack.

Solution b) Ban all hacks.

Rocks4Free
In-game name: Marlana
Guild: DS

Post by Rocks4Free »

@ yago: i dont think there a people out there "jealous" on a cheat :)

My solution: Make a line like old (hacked) records and new legit records without any 3rd party tool allowed from now on.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

Sylars wrote:Solution a) Allow any hack.

Solution b) Ban all hacks.
Solution a is generally agreed upon to be undesirable.

Solution b is unenforceable, as has been covered several times repeatedly. It will ultimately boil down to mindless accusations because some uses of toolbox will never be detectable, even with videos.

I'd propose keeping the current lists of what is allowed (anything that can be replicated within the game, including the pcon popping and shit like that). However, the standards for approval are going to have to be raised to ensure a lack of foul play. That's unfortunately left us with very little in the way of options besides mandating sets of videos from every run.

That is the best compromise I, or anyone else I've spoken with, has managed to come up with. There are dozens of potential avenues for cheating if we don't have video documentation of each run. Even simply insisting on screenshots of inventories before and after a run won't be sufficient. Some fucknugget is going to texmod the inventory icon for ghosts into lockpicks or any other stackable item, and the before and after screenshot rule will mean nothing.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas, speak up. I've talked with a bunch of people, and there has been some internal discussion. Nobody has come up with anything that doesn't rely upon either video evidence, or pure trust.

Dwadwa <3
In-game name: Dwa Luvs Dwayna
Guild: pRma

Post by Dwadwa <3 »

Topic started by Nika + James' comment = perfect bullshit topic

I miss the time when there was only the toshop question for records and a decent community of good players...

I think Spagh has spent enough time to try to explain to you where is the problem but you continue with your useless topics.
Double Derv Dare wrote:If anyone has any brilliant ideas, speak up.
- Bot JQ to make money (it seems we can unashamedly speak about bots on this forum)
- Buy brain.exe on ebay
- Uninstall Guild Wars
- Create a new on char on Guild Wars 2
- Jump from Eiffel Tower's third floor

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Double Derv Dare wrote: Solution b is unenforceable, as has been covered several times repeatedly. It will ultimately boil down to mindless accusations because some uses of toolbox will never be detectable, even with videos.
This has absolutely nothing to do with allowing or forbidding hacks in records. You can't detect someone using tele hack right now either. There's ultimately no way for you to show a hack was used in the 13 min uw. Still waiting on approval, by the way.

It's about the fifth time for me to bring this argument, I've tried twice again to lead a discussion with you. Honestly, I'm getting tired of it.
Last edited by Sylars on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cookieismyhero

Post by Cookieismyhero »

@ Nika & Double Derv Dare.
I couldn't leave it.

Luke

Post by Luke »

lmfao...