I'm the new mod, and apaprently I think your record is fake.

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Re: I'm the new mod, and apaprently I think your record is f

Post by Sylars »

The only legitimate use of toolbox inside a record run is having the timer display the accurate time.

By the way, any person with a 1.5ghz one core cpu, a 128mb gddr4 gpu, 1gb of ram and about 50GB of diskspace could record runs up to 1 hour, be it in lower quality, without dropping in framerate below 30rfps. I think it could be reasonable to require everyone recording a video if using toolbox, so it can be displayed what was used and what not.

About the trust part cookie, mindset has changed. Back then noone "known" would consider using hacks (as in teleport or taking quests of attacking reapers or attribute hack) in speedruns. These days there's a lot of people who don't even see the use of such as hack, let alone being inlegitimate in speedruns.

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

I just want people to give this current set-up a go and if it doesn't work, we can talk about making the rules a lot more strict.

A lot more strict will result in every run requiring recordings, and every split to have a PoV. I'm sure people don't want that, so best to try and get people to behave.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

Cookie wrote:I just want people to give this current set-up a go and if it doesn't work, we can talk about making the rules a lot more strict.

A lot more strict will result in every run requiring recordings, and every split to have a PoV. I'm sure people don't want that, so best to try and get people to behave.
Agreed, problem is that people don't understand the current set-up...

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

Just a quick note:

3.) The party list must always be fully displayed in at least one of your record screenshots, and if the party is larger than 1 player, multiple screens must be posted. Posting a video is a plus.

The prma 10 minute duo urgoz here technically does not meet the criteria because of this rule. I do not doubt that it is a legitimate run at this point in time. We've known that this was possible, another group has done it, and they have a documented 11.

What is the purpose behind this rule? It is rather vague in it's current form and I feel that clarification would be beneficial. Additionally, do people find this run to be acceptable regardless of the current implementation of said rules?

Libra
Guild: pRma

Post by Libra »

Double Derv Dare wrote:Just a quick note:
The prma 10 minute duo urgoz here technically does not meet the criteria because of this rule. I do not doubt that it is a legitimate run at this point in time. We've known that this was possible, another group has done it, and they have a documented 11.

What is the purpose behind this rule? It is rather vague in it's current form and I feel that clarification would be beneficial. Additionally, do people find this run to be acceptable regardless of the current implementation of said rules?
i got a video but i will never upload it, Why ? 9 is possible

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

Double Derv Dare wrote:Just a quick note:

3.) The party list must always be fully displayed in at least one of your record screenshots, and if the party is larger than 1 player, multiple screens must be posted. Posting a video is a plus.

Might be related to being used to be able to enter missions in a size larger than intended. Not sure about the multiple screens, though. Maybe to decrease the likelyhood of a faked /age? I personally don't know, nor would I care if someone just posted one screen.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Not multiple screena per person, just screens from more than one person i guess.