Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Re: Rule update

Post by Cookie »

If we're going to trust people, we may as well not ban the toolbox and trust they won't use the banned features.

I'm done arguing that point really. Auto pcons will not be banned, toolbox will not be banned. If you want to create less reason for your record to be questioned, don't have toolbox open in your record runs. Otherwise, prepare to get cried at I guess.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Cookie wrote:
As for Chipotle, we have never done records by 'the rules of the game', nor do I imagine anyone wants to.
Ah ok. I'm done then. I see no point in claiming a record if it's not in accordance to the rules of the game. If others do, best of luck on here.
Non-toolbox/hack users, keep on rockin' ;)

Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Post by Sylars »

Cookie wrote:Auto pcons will not be banned
They can't be mimiced without a hack and give the user an advantage. Might as well just allow all other features of the toolbox then, no?

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

You're being pedantic about the press of one button. It's not anymore game changing than requiring people to hit x key. If you're going to be pathetic about it I'll just remove you from the discussion.

You can have all of your pcons up before you even need to think about pressing a skill with an autoclick macro, so you're not getting any advantage by doing it with toolbox.

Which btw, is what the entire basis for allowing it is. It's not whether or not it is faster or easier, but whether or not you get an advantage over it. The exception may be actual consets, which someone would have to prove/disprove for me to consider a rule change for that.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

For consets and emo/lt pcons you gain an advantage, though. A small one, maybe 2 seconds, but still an advantage.

Cookie

Post by Cookie »

2 seconds compared to a macro or 2 seconds compared to zero 3rd party? I don't find it believable that you will save 2 seconds with toolbox vs macro, but if you can show me otherwise I'll be happy to make the rule amendment.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

Two seconds opposed to zero third party. Compared to a macro, all you save are time in half-loading screen (when already loaded) plus reaction time. The biggest point is that is simply does the work for you. You don't even need to pay attention.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

Fucking lol. Put your t2 and lt in the same spot in the party every run, and bind 2 keys to select them (have you even looked at f11? you can bind keys to individually select party members 1-12, next and previous). Alternatively, just rebind the keys every run, or have one side of your keyboard dedicated to party selection.

You load, press t2 key, press prot bond key, and have your mouse hovering over a corn. Attributes are checked when the skill resolves, so you can pop your corn in the middle of prot bonds activation and still get -3 energy loss, even without consets being active yet.

If you actually save any time using toolbox there, you aren't doing it right, and are thus legitimately bad at the game.

Sylars

Post by Sylars »

And pressing just the t2 key and using protbond is surely not any easier than taking care of pcons aswell. Right, there's no advantage.

But yeah, I'm arguably just bad, doing two out of three tasks at the same time are surely just as hard as doing all three.

Double Derv Dare

Post by Double Derv Dare »

If you cant hit 2 hotkeys with one hand while double clicking with the other, I feel sorry for you.

If you have cerebral palsy or some other debilitating handicap that prevents you from using both hands at once, I'm sorry, but we cannot be expected to accommodate your lack of ability.