Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Robin powaaaa

Re: Rule update

Post by Robin powaaaa »

Now you wanna ban toolbox just coz 1 jaleous dude want it removed ? You really consider it fair ?

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Am I wrong? Give me some proper arguments why it's a legit way playing?

Kenny
In-game name: Kennys Ghost

Post by Kenny »

I guess we all think that tele hack and quest taker isnt fair, but if you use toolbox just for pcons popping or /age it wont make you faster, it's just more comfortable to play like this.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Kenny wrote:I guess we all think that tele hack and quest taker isnt fair, but if you use toolbox just for pcons popping or /age it wont make you faster, it's just more comfortable to play like this.
Both are not allowed according to the rules. If it makes you play more comfortable as you stated, it means you have an advantage over others as you don't have to worry about popping/repopping cons+pcons while others do. It's like saying doping is allowing in cycling as it makes you cycle more comfortable. With the exception of the /age parts because it doesn't do anything other than displaying the age.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Banning Toolbox because it's a nice tool, helpfull to measure the time you are in, count seconds and so on.
That thing is availible as download for free if you want to save the 1second! (more time isn't saved from toolbox as all time you can save is the running at start of every area)
That teleporting is not acceptable is for sure aswell.
But taking quests, is a thing. I mean it is just helpfull to take a quest when you intenionally skip to kill the aggro, but fail to take the quest in time (it is possible to take even tho there is aggro - just be quick enough). This is more helpfull, than any cheating or whatsoever, since you still meet the requirements (Questguy spawned).

I think, considering how small the current gw speedclear community has become, and how fast tactics spread, it's save to say that we can allow ourselves to be less picky, and enjoy the great times which are pulled off, even if they maybe had a little advantage.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Nika wrote:even if they maybe had a little advantage.
Then why bother keeping GW1 part of gwcr going? Little advantage = cheat no matter how you look at it. If you claim the same time can be achieved without a third party program doing stuff (whatever it is) then do it without. Nice thing is that you also have a legit record (win win). Elsewise make a new website for records with ''a little advantage''.
Last edited by Chipotle on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nika

Post by Nika »

A Cheat gives you new ways, new methods. A little advantage might save you a second and makes the playing more confortable, which is a nice thing to enjoy during runs.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle »

Nika wrote:A Cheat gives you new ways, new methods. A little advantage might save you a second and makes the playing more confortable, which is a nice thing to enjoy during runs.
How to talk nonsense 101.

Definition of cheat :
-Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage (source, oxforddictionaries).

Little advantage is still an advantage.
Last edited by Chipotle on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

James
In-game name: Syn Sity
Guild: [NAM트] / [DnT]

Post by James »

At this point why not just make a fucking bot that plays the game for you and just get a record using that.

Nika

Post by Nika »

Sorry that i annoyed you with my opinion. Or my view of things.
Well, the community will be the ones deciding in the end, and i guess we know how this will end.