Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Sylars
In-game name: Musical Was Dub
Guild: [DS]

Re: Rule update

Post by Sylars »

[quote="j@ chipotle & his incarnations who has yet to supply who he is.[/quote]

I'm not sure where to need knowing each other's identity comes from. Afterall, we're all strangers, huh?

Spagh
In-game name: Miss Spaghettis
Guild: pRma

Post by Spagh »

jon comgree wrote:If you don't/no longer compete for records, you should not be able to have an opinion on the matter of the rules as they do not affect you. I'm directing this @ chipotle & his incarnations who has yet to supply who he is.
  1. People still have the right to say what they want and I honestly don't think you even realize what you just wrote. World hunger doesn't affect me neither, yet I have an opinion on it. What's being posted keeps getting more and more worrying and I'm still trying to convince myself that such posts result from the lack of arguments. God, I hope so.
  2. Who cares who Chipotle is. He's one of the few people on this forum who still has common sense and he gets spitted on for it. You should take some time & think about that rather than trying to find out who he is.

jon comgree
In-game name: joncom gree
Guild: [hS]

Post by jon comgree »

Spagh wrote:
jon comgree wrote:If you don't/no longer compete for records, you should not be able to have an opinion on the matter of the rules as they do not affect you. I'm directing this @ chipotle & his incarnations who has yet to supply who he is.
  1. People still have the right to say what they want and I honestly don't think you even realize what you just wrote. World hunger doesn't affect me neither, yet I have an opinion on it. What's being posted keeps getting more and more worrying and I'm still trying to convince myself that such posts result from the lack of arguments. God, I hope so.
  2. Who cares who Chipotle is. He's one of the few people on this forum who still has common sense and he gets spitted on for it. You should take some time & think about that rather than trying to find out who he is.
Sorry, i meant to say his opinion should not be held to a standard to that of someone who actually does compete when determining the rules, of course he has a right to an opinion. You're right, that was a poorly written post. Basically saying if anyone has a "right" to actually complain, its the competitors and i dont see more than 5 people giving a fuck, 1 of which is chipotle,

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

As in any competion in life they are rule for everyone sart with the same advantage. Even if someone use something who gave small advantage and isn't allowed in the rules is record/win is cancel. But, he's win is only cancel if they got the prove someone uses a cheat. So all record on gw are good unless we find something who prove someone use a cheat. I belive the recent 14 minutes could be done with out any 3rd party tools and it's just for be more confurtable. But the only thing we can be sure it's you use the 3rd party tools and we dont know why unless you all have full video of the run. So even if use hack tele don't make sense or pop pcons can be done easily with out toolbox the question is not there. The only fact it's you use a 3rd party tools.

So, the 14 minutes uw you done is rly good and impressive but the fact you use a 3rd party programme make this record illegitimate as the 21 doa by fbgm. But the jury done their job wrong when they accept a record with a prove of a 3rd party programme..

Finally, a moderateur should juge if a record is good or no by following the rule. He's a interpreter.
Clinically Sinsane wrote:is this allowed?
I invite you to read the rules.

Jirina
In-game name: Jirina Capova/Alainasyeva
Guild: The Dawn Of Legends [DaWn]

Post by Jirina »

we stopped even the most minimal toolbox use after this thread had been started, we have 4 more 14 min uws and all videoed and done with 0% toolbox.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

dude.... keep talking about those 14's just like that and i might start playing again :D

Jirina

Post by Jirina »

once we figured out this 7man rest shit it's not very hard anymore with perma qz sos, off topic from the thread but anyways come back to gw i miss you :D

Hydro

Post by Hydro »

Here's what I'd propose, most things simply from a practical point of view.

Allow toolbox but only the following functions:

1) Timer - yes; Mike's timer has been allowed by several mods here, as well as by the majority of the community. People on Windows 8 can't run Mike's timer so allowing Toolbox's timer allows those people to have a timer too.

2) PCons popper - yes; this will bring up debate, I know. But the reason I think it should be allowed is that there's simply no way to prove that an auto-popper has been used except to have all people make videos, which really isn't gonna happen. If we were to reject records with auto pcon popper, people would not make videos and simply post a screenshot. Which would be a shame and I think it's a good argument that hasn't been brought up yet. I think it's really interesting to see videos of record runs. Banning pcon poppers would rob us of that since too many people use it as of now.

3) hos of ghost - no; hos of ghost can in some cases be time saving or even (maybe) allow for stuff that's otherwise not even possible. Can this be proven by screenshots? No, this is where trust comes in.

4) tele hacking - no; pretty sure the whole community agrees on this one.

5) hot-keys for cancel recall/pstones/rainbows etc; yes; pretty much same argument as for pcon popper.

Also, I'd like to add that when I did DoA records with pRma I felt pretty certain someone had auto-rez option ticked in Toolbox. Not saying it was used on the 20 min run, just throwing it out there.

Jirina

Post by Jirina »

^agreed. i also think /age hotkey should be allowed because it doesn't affect your run time at all, it's just a nice way to show your time.

Spagh
In-game name: Miss Spaghettis
Guild: pRma

Post by Spagh »

Hydro wrote:Also, I'd like to add that when I did DoA records with pRma I felt pretty certain someone had auto-rez option ticked in Toolbox. Not saying it was used on the 20 min run, just throwing it out there.
I'm assuming you're talking about foundry rooms. That so called auto-rez option was nothing more than my finger. I know it may be actually hard to conceive that there are still players capable of realizing such small & easy actions without any automated help but eh, maybe I'm too oldschool. (sarcasm)

Since every spikers were focused on killing the mobs we decided that tanks would be the ones to rezscroll dead comrades. I kept on clicking on my rezscroll stack and so was Dwayna. Simple as that. And guess what, we didn't even need any third party program to do so. ;)

You can't understand french but when spikers were too far from the door to R3 I was oftenly telling them that they would have to rez by themselves if any spiker would die.

Also and since you're making such accusations, you should take a look at the records videos, especially when I make myself die at 360. You'll see that it takes a lot of time to rez me Here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25jvAv87ooo&t=9m48s.

I know you weren't in that recorded run (link above ^), but I'm sure you did record videos of our runs when you were with us. Take a look at them (for instance at 360 first or second wave) before making any other accusations. Thank you.
Last edited by Spagh on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.