Rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
haskhasin

Re: Rule update

Post by haskhasin »

Wow, just wow

Toolbox was initially designed to make playing guild wars more comfortable. I am a very lazy guy, and using p-cons is something I wanted to be automated since when I started with speedclears. Using p-cons is not about skill or timing, since you have the icon with timer on top of your screen, you just have to keep clicking those things to keep the buffs on, and it doesn't take extra time either, so I automated it and made this available to everyone. If you say that automatic p-cons usage saves time in a run then you're bad at gw.

Regarding UW teleport let's think about it for a second. Teleporting in a 8men team makes no sense. It is a party wide teleport, and by teleporting you lose all the multitasking that comes from splitting and solo roles, there is no way that 8men record tactics use such hack. With less people, it might become useful (solo, 2men, 3men, idk), but just showing U-Map is enough to check if teleport hacking has been used, which is something we already have to show for such records.

About taking quests when NPCs are attacking: this reminds me of the scrolls gate glitching. Was glitching possible without mike's tool? Yes. Was it consistent? No. The tool was used to make it work reliably. The same happens with taking quests: is it possible to take quests as soon as a reaper pops without any tool? Yes. Is it consistent? No (unless you're really good at it). So in my opinion the same concept applies. I understand that it is not technically possible to do it without a tool, and I respect people who choose to not use any tool and rely on their skills to do so. Please do not blame Toolbox for this though - people made programs to take quests ages before Toolbox existed.

Lastly, something about attribute hacks: those hacks have been around for ages in different forms. I'm quite sure the community has no idea that it has been used for some records, and at the same time some records have been done without attribute hacks even though the community is sure that they were used. Anyway, haters enjoy! Attribute hacks are no longer possible.

In conclusion, Toolbox only makes your life easier, and it doesn't provide much to work with. The few extra things it does provide are easily doable with other tools too, so banning toolbox would only make a lot of people pissed off for having to pop p-cons again.

Ann Toni
In-game name: Ann Toni

Post by Ann Toni »

3cons egg corn apple pie cupcake fortune warsup that might be a shit load of double click, would have save me some seconds on some runs, but that's cuz i'm bad at gw, i'm trying hard tho. Maybe all these 6.59 fow would have turned into 7.00 if one had to pop his pcons.

Hos from a ghost is the most hilarious thing i ever seen.. I think i don't need to talk no more about this point, peoples are smart enough to understand on how many level it breaks the sc.

About taking quest.. well there you are wrong on so many point..
The miketool was seomthing doing something that you could do.. ok it makes it faster than you if you fail it once.. but still.. you could do it. Taking the quest after that the reaper got the aggro is not doable.
Oh and.. when i see a spiker taking two quest from lab reaper in less than a semi-second, i feel like he just won some times on me. But again i'm just bad.
Anyway they are both wrong. edit : (toolbox and mike thing, the post was about third part tools, not toolbox)

Peoples won't stop using toolbox, you feel so nice when you can take a quest that you shouldn't be able to, or skip a part of a doa run by hosing on a ghost (oh wait..). That's why i think this rule is stupid, as pretty much everyone needs it now, noone can force it, and there is no real way to check it anyway.

And come play LoL Luke, you will like it trust me.

Oh and to finish i'd like to quote a famous Sc player:
"U cannot win the war on hacks just like you cannot win the war on drugs." Luke, 2014. *that's so deep.. thank you luke*

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

First time i see ann talking bullshit.
But yeah, i agree with has.

As i said before, saving pcons saves you no time. Put mouse on that cupcake icon, so you get the runspeed in first second and push W, then click the cons. Idk a single sc where you cast SF at second 1.

Ghosts are a point, but noone can proove that anyway, this is no discussion, but same here noone can prove auto pcons pop.

If you ban Toolbox, and someone made a tool that does nothing but display the time + seconds in the Chat screen, would you ban that too because it could be a toolbox?

Ann Toni
In-game name: Ann Toni

Post by Ann Toni »

Nika wrote:As i said before, saving pcons saves you no time. Put mouse on that cupcake icon, so you get the runspeed in first second and push W, then click the cons. Idk a single sc where you cast SF at second 1.
Well idk, when i solo uw i wish i could sf/shroud second 1, but i have a hundrer of pcons to pop before.

If popping the pcons is ok, then the bot to rupt behemot should be also, i mean.. you could do it also?
If it's "yeah but i can do it by myself it's just easier" then make 8 bot for uw 14 and gg

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Just cast shroud first, and use pcons while you cast sf, i don't think shroud needs pcons. but yeah, tired of this. Use the behemot bot, as long as you hide it well enough.

Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Post by Eva is impressed »

Both parties are talking bullshit.

I'll only say three things :
*GitB is clearly game-breaking (and if a video from the run shows them being used don't pretend you can't prove it) and is the only recent submission worth rejecting, even though it is now irrelevant.
*You can manually pop pcons without time being lost in FoW.
*Taking quests from Reapers is done during the spawning animation and is clearly legal and this is what gakiway/mountains is about. Taking the quest during attack animation is not supposed to happen but I had occurrences of it working (probably because of short breaks). Also there's only a single quest you really need to take as soon as you get to lab reaper so taking 2 very fast doesn't bring much.

Well well, enjoy bitching about everything. Again none of the current elite area records (and submissions) are concerned by rule 7 anyways so mods should approve them already.

jon comgree
In-game name: joncom gree
Guild: [hS]

Post by jon comgree »

I think elite skills should be banned from future record attempts.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

You just couldn't help yourself now could you? :D

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

As noted by the rule, popping pcons is fine, as you can essentially mimic it using an autoclick macro.

This isn't even game changing stuff, people have always been expected to not fucking hack in record runs.

Stop HoS'ing off of GotB, stop taking multiple quests at once. Even when Zraw was active and had the hack window, none of this dumb shit was used because they/we respected common sense (even the hero glitch didn't need hacks).

Nothing has to change other than the players that are still in the GW1 community being smart. If people want to be funny and keep hacking in records (so far happened in both UW records), I'll just drop all GW1 related forums.

On that note; Robin, if you still want to moderate the GW1 stuff, I'll set you up with it some time this week.

James
In-game name: Syn Sity
Guild: [NAM트] / [DnT]

Post by James »

The argument that "it only makes things easier" makes it seem like you're arguing against your own point. lel