F11

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.

Remove F11

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin
In-game name: Hudini Will Slice
Guild: FBGM

F11

Post by hudini »

You asked for it, so here:

jon comgree
In-game name: joncom gree
Guild: [hS]

Re: F11

Post by jon comgree »

so would this remove current meta stuff and make it all all-time? Bcuz im pretty sure it would be hard to beat 2min SoOsc ;P

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

It just removes the requirement if adding F11 on your screens, because noone would publish pics older than 1,5 years anymore.
Also F11 is basicly an ugly thing, which i never enjoyed to look at on record screens.

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hudini »

its not about looking "nice", its about being effective.

Ann Toni
In-game name: Ann Toni

Post by Ann Toni »

I am not sure if it's still like this but i remember that when someone used to do a record, he first pm pretty much all the FL and say it in ally/guild.
A record is known before being posted.
There are like... 40? peoples still playing sc and trying to push for record so if a record is done it won't take much before everyone know it.
And as Nika said, who would take times to post a record of 2yo? And for wich record? Who can't make the difference between a post before the lavafountain meta or not? Or you scared someone post a record before the HP nerf, or before Dhuum?

But the vote is kinda useless.. I mean why would people say no to don't ask for the f11 except to support their friend? When you do your run you focus on what you are doing and you can forget to press f11, who wouldn't like to be free of this.

(i wrote too much sorry :( just trying to explain my thought)

Love ya, ann

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I'm quite sure that if we remove the requirement for F11 we'll have 17min doa, 2min soo, 7min uw etc posted as current meta record, and according to rules those have to be accepted.

Hint: if F11 is bothering you so much, and since the meta is not changing, take a screenshot with F11 now, then post it along any record. As long as the record's account age is greater than the screen with the meta, its all good.

Cookie
In-game name: Cookie of funk
Guild: Death And Taxes [DnT]

Post by Cookie »

The F11 rule has existed for more than 4 years. If you still can't remember to press the F11 button once per attempt, after 4 years of recording running, I'm not sure what to say.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

Can you people realise, that this is not about the ability to press a button?
The button is simply not usefull, or not effective at all (@hudini's post) anymore, so no reason to keep it.

Has: People know what screens have been posted already, also the records you named have F11 on it, which says they are from an old meta (they have to have F11 because otherwise they wouldnt have been accepted back then).

But i guess that people are unwilling to use their minds, so this is done.

hudini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hudini »

Nika wrote:Can you people realise, that this is not about the ability to press a button?
The button is simply not usefull, or not effective at all (@hudini's post) anymore, so no reason to keep it.

Has: People know what screens have been posted already, also the records you named have F11 on it, which says they are from an old meta (they have to have F11 because otherwise they wouldnt have been accepted back then).

But i guess that people are unwilling to use their minds, so this is done.
This doesn't have anything to do with people unwilling to use their minds, quite the opposite, removing the f11 rule removes any form of proof that this was screen was taken in the past year and a half, other than the fact that you can do simple things like has said cause the meta isnt changing you can stop blaming admins for failing to do simple tasks such as clicking one button; I am sorry that you believe its not about the ability to press a button but there is simply no other way to prove validity of records this is not the first time this conversation has come up and every single time its a minority that votes against it just like now. You said
Nika wrote:The statement from the community is simple: remove the shitty f11 rule.
While I am deeply sorry that you do not represent the whole sc community I suggest that you deeply consider the fact that you are one of only 6 people who agree that this rule should be removed, its not the admins screwing you over this time, its the community, if you have any complaints please direct it at them ty.

Hansbaer
In-game name: Hans Baer
Guild: Terra Noise [Zraw]

Post by Hansbaer »

honestly ... wow
im just reading this because of boredom and yes i dont play gw anymore
but srsly reading things like "it looks ugly" just makes me wanna vomit
if its so terrible for you having a window on ur screen to proof that the record is valid i would recommend:
QUIT THE GAME AND GTFO ! :)

since apparently the awesome timer mike once made doesnt work anymore?! f11 is the only possibility

i could post screens of deep runs where we basically just glitched the whole run by having an UA runner and rezzing dead bodies at the end (not mentioning that those times sucked compared to the 6min but still)
thats not the point of having a forum like this were u can post ur records
things need to be clear and every1 has to be able to see that the time has been done in the time its claiming to be done
ofc u can still have retards like pom faking screens ... but hey u will always have those

cheers