- Posts: 1068
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 pm
- In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
- Guild: Golt
* How to time. Speedrun communities typically use external timers, since games do not provide in-game timer. GW SC community always used /age instead, and the main argument has always been that people shouldn't be forced to use a 3rd party timer. In this case I imagine it would be just like dungeons, except that we don't even need a starting screen (just use character /age).
Which one do we use? This is not just about minutes vs seconds, as map changes affect those differently.
My opinion: I think we should just use character /age, but if that is too much of a throw off for the speedrunning community, maybe we can allow both.
* Restrictions. Most "campaign speedruns" I've seen were made with the restriction of not using previous account-wide benefits, such as xunlai chest or unlocked skills. I think those make sense, but they might be hard to enforce. We would have to require a video of the full run (potentially multiple-hours long!) and someone to watch it, while checking skills bought at traders. That might be asking too much of Flo
Also, what about /bonus and fire imp?
My opinion: the run should be "as if" the account was brand-new. As for /bonus, I'm not sure. Do we really want to force people to buy the 4.99$ GOTY upgrade to be competitive? (Also, why is this even a thing? Same price, and only contains the imp, while the previous one has imp+bonus weapons)
For timing, I think real time makes sense unless you want to rely on an autosplitter (I think kaos was making one?). If you're gonna use /age you'll just get people farming stuff under a minute and zoning.
With and without /bonus can be divided in categories.
- Posts: 547
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 am
- In-game name: ____ of the Owls
- Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]
On the other hand, having access to inexpensive stuff like town speedboosts can be a positive improvement (and negates the advantage of doing the record during events).
Idk how I would balance it, though.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests