GWSCR will be shut down by Dec 1, 2017 (GMT-5)

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: GWSCR will be shut down by Dec 1, 2017 (GMT-5)

Post by Vivec »

as was my intention what I said to Mike back when new mods were searched, I'd help out with the technical side of things gladly. Just don't want anything to do with approving records or whatever. If you want to take me up on that, hit me up, has.

Sakura
In-game name: Sakura Got Banned
Guild: hS

Post by Sakura »

Guys i have talked to the Admin. He told me to tell you all to write down what you want him to hand you out from database and he will reply tomorrow what is willing to give and what he wont share. Just everything that is in your mind, that could also be pay him the costs to hold up the website? I just dont care that much to spend more time on this but since im actually the only one in contact with him i will do this post for you guys.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

I want password. (and username of course)

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

The easiest would be to have a full database dump and the phpbb installation folder.

I understand that requires a good degree of trust, as the database contains everyone's gwscr account details, but I hope that I have earned that trust.

And I'm saying, as scary as it sounds, to give the database to me, not publicly.

With that, I believe we can get the website up and running relatively easily, keeping accounts and everything.

With just the database of the post history, not only it will be harder (and idk if it'll work), but all accounts will be lost, along with post-author info.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

I haven't entered any info on this site that I wouldn't entrust you with, so it's not a problem for me personally. Overall though, is it not kind of problematic to hand over this kind of personal information to a third party without user permission?

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Cruz wrote:I haven't entered any info on this site that I wouldn't entrust you with, so it's not a problem for me personally. Overall though, is it not kind of problematic to hand over this kind of personal information to a third party without user permission?
Yea. I don't remember if there was some kind of user agreement when signing up in here. But I totally agree. I don't think what I'm asking is the right thing to do... And I don't know if I would do it myself. I just know it's the easiest way to get the website back up and running. I'll respect whatever choice the admin and users make.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

Sooooo...?

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Clock ist ticking

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Everyone who has assumed that my reluctance to give away the entire database is in part due to privacy concerns is correct. It would be highly unethical to release the entire uncensored database.

That being said, upon further review, I think I'll run some scripts to delete personally identifiable information (such as emails, personal messages, etc) while leaving everything else intact. Emails are not required for the board to function, and if hosted elsewhere, people can simply login and update their account to again contain the email address.

As for uploading the folder...I'm a little surprised to hear anyone wants that? Especially considering the theme is related to GW2? Correct me if I'm wrong.