Results

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Results

Post by Flo »

Nika wrote:That logic in itself is flawed. It is a in between ruleset to make a split community play on somewhat even terms.
This doesn't mean things like SLOWLOADING that should be pretty much accepted in PURE RECORDS should be forbidden.

Or one of the most OP accepted hacks aka auto pcons (i've come to realise this once i used more than 1 rezzscroll per run) is allowed while some more map stuff isn't? That is plain ridiculous.
Yeah, nice opinion you got there. Its neither right nor wrong, its just an opinion. Some share it, others dont.

If only there was a way to figure out what opinion the majority of people has...

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

Flo wrote:
If only there was a way to figure out what opinion the majority of people has...
yeah too bad we only had 26 ppl so we couldnt really figure out what the majority wants anyways

Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Post by Eva is impressed »

Flo wrote:If only there was a way to figure out what opinion the majority of people has...
Well of course people pick what corresponds to their most enjoyable way to speedrun. I don't see how that makes it correspond to something they don't consider "fair" (unless you're FBGM). To be honest then the only way to make it fair would be to only let every competitor play the same amount of time on the same hardware etc...

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

Well selected flo, but how about:

"Allow forced slow loads WITHOUT A TOOL in STANDARD records? NO
so a 8man team which is not using ANY tools, will do a TOOL ASSISTED RECORD by doing a slowload w/o ANY tools?

ppl are mixing up glitchless with TAS...
im not allowed to slowload by my own skills cuz other ppl dont know how to do it?
but yes, bond monitor is for standard fine, i guess thats logical"

-what nika said is not a opinion, its objectiv considered!
toolassisted means a record assisted by tools
if i do a record w/o tools and slowload like i can, its TAS? just makes no sense
invite more categorys glitch/glitchless (flame me)
but TAS makes no sense in this case

btw, delete the 17min 8man doa

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:Well you are allowed to send a command to toolbox with a keypress since that wasnt forbidden. Sending chat commands is fine.
then what did you mean by a macro that sends multiple keypresses??
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

@Befi, no. TAS is just the most open category and hence, a record that is not eligible for standard and pure might be eligible for TAS.
You might understand what I just said better from my next point, but the main idea is that "TAS" isn't de definition of the category, only the name.
Although, you could definitly argue that even if you don't use a tool that is specially made to force slow load, going in plane mod (for instance) is still a 3rd party software. It's some foreign code that interact with GuildWars by cuting the connection of the sockets that are holded by "Gw.exe".

What most people seem to not understand is that the category names aren't what define them. Obviously, we try to give a name that is as accurate as possible, but at the end, what define the category are the rulesets.
From my last point, it is easy to understand why something like slowload could be forbided from pure record, where a "simple" timer (Only give the time, nothing else) would be allowed in the same category.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

livia wrote:Although, you could definitly argue that even if you don't use a tool that is specially made to force slow load, going in plane mod (for instance) is still a 3rd party software. It's some foreign code that interact with GuildWars by cuting the connection of the sockets that are holded by "Gw.exe".
iam not using any of this shit to force a slowload, its even simpler then stucking hunger or dupe souls...
there are just soooo far-fetched arguments against the slowload (w/o tools) that i could also say stuff like, "you used the extra side key of your mouse to target a enemy, now its TAS!"

its all about twisting the words, fact is: ppl are now able to make a TAS record with completly no tools running while playing speedruns.
switch name from TAS to any%

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

Befi wrote:
livia wrote:Although, you could definitly argue that even if you don't use a tool that is specially made to force slow load, going in plane mod (for instance) is still a 3rd party software. It's some foreign code that interact with GuildWars by cuting the connection of the sockets that are holded by "Gw.exe".
iam not using any of this shit to force a slowload, its even simpler then stucking hunger or dupe souls...
there are just soooo far-fetched arguments against the slowload (w/o tools) that i could also say stuff like, "you used the extra side key of your mouse to target a enemy, now its TAS!"

its all about twisting the words, fact is: ppl are now able to make a TAS record with completly no tools running while playing speedruns.
switch name from TAS to any%
yeah lets ban using pcons now because moving my mouse to click them is a 3rd party tool

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

I can't even lol
This community doesnt care about pushing times in a fun and competetive enviroment.
This community wants to hoard their own records to have the biggest edick

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

@Befi, @Ether

You definitly have some hard time with the word. I said you could argue, not that is what should happend.
Now, you completly missed the point of what I said. So i'll try to make it simple for you.

The name of the category isn't the definition of it. The definition of a category are the rulesets of it.

So, "Tool Assisted" doesn't mean that record have to be tool aassisted. A record that is eligible in TAS isn't necessarly tool assisted unless we specifie in the rulesets that it has to be tool assisted. BUT, a might not follow the rulesets of pure & standard, but do respect the one of TAS and hence we call it a TAS record which in some case can create confusion since it isn't really TAS. (Slowload, gate glitch, ...)

From the start of this topic there is so many basic logic mistake (sophiste) that it broke my mathematician hearth and this is why I commented.