Results

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Re: Results

Post by Karia »

I do not genually care what ppl think how my record was done.

I know what time and effort I have put in these meaningless numbers and wont let it ruin by other ppl screaming "TAS!!!1111!!"

I agree on Befis opinion (obviously cause i profit from a different result on that topic LUL) that as long you know how to force a slow load on your own without a tool it should be belong to the standard category cause its by term not a TOOL-ASSISTED record.

Remember that our 5min Urgoz Tactic involved having a dead member leaving the party so gates are closing for blooddrinker room? We did a record with a tactic that included manipulating team size on a certain time.

Where is the difference?

And I dare you crossing the line comparing slow loading with coin drop.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Karia wrote:And I dare you crossing the line comparing slow loading with coin drop.
There is no line to cross, imho banning manual coin drop was just as dumb. Befi is right, people have been confusing glitches with 3rd party tools.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

ye, if you do a record without any tools, makros mouse/keyboard, texmod, timer, taskmanager and whatever
if you slowload, its toolassisted

i see...
keep ur 8man record

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

well that's the whole point Has - this vote has been based on people being misinformed... I'm not blaming anyone for deliberately misinforming them, but most of the voters themselves didn't make the effort to understand what they were voting for
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Eva is impressed
In-game name: Quarante Six
Guild: REV

Post by Eva is impressed »

Misty wrote:well that's the whole point Has - this vote has been based on people being misinformed... I'm not blaming anyone for deliberately misinforming them, but most of the voters themselves didn't make the effort to understand what they were voting for
Most people not agreeing with your stance means they were misinformed?

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

February - June 2017 in a nutshell xd

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

You dont want to use any tools at all? Great - do a PURE record.
You want to use some things that are considered TAS? Great - do a TAS record.

You want to play in an artificial mid-way category? Great - do a STANDARD record.
Nika wrote:There are only 2 fair stances
Wrong. There are 26 fair stances, some happen to match each other in some aspects.
Nika wrote:Rest in piece /stuck and /age i guess
Well you are allowed to send a command to toolbox with a keypress since that wasnt forbidden. Sending chat commands is fine.
Olfo wrote:My keyboard can record keystrokes and repeat them in my writing/typing-speed when using a hotkey.
So tell me, how do you want to strictly enforce the rule you're advertising.
We cant. Apprently people still think it should be forbidden and who am I to judge.
Viscious Dreams wrote:Which would make a lot more sense since these are essentially the same question.
Yup - but now we voted about it and its specifically forbidden whichs settles it.
Befi wrote:I do not accept this shit!
The classic "I dont like the result so I wont accept it".
Karia wrote:Where is the difference?
None really - but we did forbid one and not the other. STANDARD is purely artificial... ruling in that category doesnt have to "make sense". PURE and TAS do "make sense" - STANDARD doesnt need to.
Its a COMPLETELY ARTIFICIAL category consisting solely of what people like.
Of course there will be inconsistencies and stuff some people deem pointless. Its not possible in another way, the only two categories that will always be completely strict and consistent are "no tools at all (=PURE)" and "all tools (=TAS)". As soon as you choose to go a middle way (=STANDARD), there are those unavoidable problems. If you feel that therefore STANDARD isnt worth it, fine - use one of the other categories for your record.
Misty wrote:this vote has been based on people being misinformed... I'm not blaming anyone for deliberately misinforming them, but most of the voters themselves didn't make the effort to understand what they were voting for
People voted for what they ld like to see - ofc they ll vote for stuff they like. This is how a democracy works. I dont like some of the results either, which is sad but to be expected.

In conclusion:
OF COURSE everybody doesnt like certain results - there wont be too many exceptions from that. Just accept that your opinion isnt necessarily the majoritys opinion.

You are NOT the only smart person.
You are NOT the only person that informed themselves and formed their own opinion on the topics.
Its NOT everybody else that is wrong.
People voted the way they voted, for different reasons, with different grades of information.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Standard doesnt mean to make sense.

Thats the main quote for this whole discussion

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

Its a COMPLETELY ARTIFICIAL category consisting solely of what people like.
Of course there will be inconsistencies and stuff some people deem pointless. Its not possible in another way, the only two categories that will always be completely strict and consistent are "no tools at all (=PURE)" and "all tools (=TAS)". As soon as you choose to go a middle way (=STANDARD), there are those unavoidable problems. If you feel that therefore STANDARD isnt worth it, fine - use one of the other categories for your record.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

That logic in itself is flawed. It is a in between ruleset to make a split community play on somewhat even terms.
This doesn't mean things like SLOWLOADING that should be pretty much accepted in PURE RECORDS should be forbidden.

Or one of the most OP accepted hacks aka auto pcons (i've come to realise this once i used more than 1 rezzscroll per run) is allowed while some more map stuff isn't? That is plain ridiculous.