Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post by Misty »

Wait what? All of those points are still perfectly valid, but you're gonna cut off the discussion this soon? Can we just go with Nika's suggestion instead?
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Flo wrote:
Flo wrote:We re 95%+ done here, and while I am in favor of thinking things through before implementing them, theres a time to act.

I ld like to wait for more feedback and objectivly better options until this Sunday, 04.06.2017 so we can start with the actual vote the following Monday, 05.06.2017. This thread has been open for around a month, so it would be great to get going somewhat soon.
If there are no more complaints or opinions on the topics mentioned above, great. If there are, please voice them until tomorrow.

I can read very little but I'm sure I have complaints. Can you wait one more week?

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

@Misty @has

One of the issues was brought up Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am. Its been 2 weeks since.
Flo wrote:If you ve a better wording / structure, go ahead.
Flo wrote:As I stated numerous times, if somebody has a objectively more concise and precise wording, go ahead.
Flo wrote:And yeah, for the last part, its not really precise yet. Maybe you can help out with said definitions.
Still waiting. Yeah, you brought up some issues and told me that the way it currently is is not perfect. Guess what, its never going to be. Now bring up the acutal SOLUTIONS to the problems, not just the complaints about them.
Flo wrote:Points still to be discussed:
-What Misty said [on page 8]
-What Has said on page 4
-More stuff someone can come up with
Take all the time you want to come up with that - I am not in the position to enforce the vote on a precise day anyways (who is really).

I ll not be taking responsibility for the amount of time required for that - there was plenty already.

Misty

Post by Misty »

Misty wrote:If there are people who really are incapable of following very simple instructions, why do you want to design the system to capture their votes? This kind of nonsense is the reason I objected to the democratic approach in the first place. Any results you get this way will neither be clear nor representative.
I still haven't heard a rebuttal to this.
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

@Misty

Because there were a lot of people with the opinion "everyone should be allowed to vote". This is the midway. Having some restrictions, but an easy system. If you re required to put in only a little effort to have your vote heard, it will increase participation and therefore be more representative.

Misty

Post by Misty »

My suggestion doesn't stop anyone from voting. It requires them to engage their brains a tiny bit more, which is a good thing! I'd rather have 10 informed voters than 200 idiots who don't know what they're voting for.
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

See, but thats not objectively better. It's just different, with other pros and other cons.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

dfuq did i just read

Misty

Post by Misty »

Pro: less of the votes will be from complete idiots
Con: more people will vote, but all the extra ones will be complete idiots
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

roflmfao
In-game name: Herr Der Felsen

Post by roflmfao »

We could also all take an IQ test and only the person with the best result gets to vote. Thereby we have the best chance of having only the least idiotic person voting. Or we realize that this community is so fractally fractured that there is no meaningful method that will ever satisfy everyone. The only hope we have is to find a solution that has at least a majority of people accepting the results.