Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: Step 3: Who gets to vote + DRAFT

Post by Vivec »

I mean, NO VOTES GET COUNTED YET kinda made me not want to put in the effort to copy my profile link again. I'll do that in the actual vote. I just wanted to see the changes to the questions. So that really is no argument for anything.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Post by Flo »

Yeah, the example is wrong anyways since the one thing is pretty simple (requires you to copy paste a link) and the other involves reading a paragraph, actually understanding it and then use a complex voting system.

Bring up a own system then that has absolutely no flaws. I ll do my best to be as nitpicky as possible and point out every single issue that could come up in a niche szenario. #votein2020
Or just accept that this will work out 99% of the time and you should see if you can find anything more important.

Because if this is the only thing you can find in the entirety of the current version, thats great!

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:some people failed to put in the link to their gwscr profile.
What do you mean by "failed"? Surely people just aren't taking this very seriously because it's a draft? If there are people who really are incapable of following very simple instructions, why do you want to design the system to capture their votes? This kind of nonsense is the reason I objected to the democratic approach in the first place. Any results you get this way will neither be clear nor representative.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

I am not retarded. Obviously not everybody will put in the effort to copy the profile link in the current testversion. My point still stands though, bring up an objectively flawless, perfectly representative, simple to understand for everybody voting system and we ll happily use it instead. But if it still has problems, just different problems, its not "better", its just "different". Please also notice that I chose the system that favors my own opinion (which is extremist because I think everybody should provide a video) THE LEAST.

You ve been focussing a lot on niche szenarios - which is great, because it shows that there dont seem to be too many major problems left. We re 95%+ done here, and while I am in favor of thinking things through before implementing them, theres a time to act.

I ld like to wait for more feedback and objectivly better options until this Sunday, 04.06.2017 so we can start with the actual vote the following Monday, 05.06.2017. This thread has been open for around a month, so it would be great to get going somewhat soon.

Points still to be discussed:
-What Misty said last page
-What Has said on page 4
-More stuff someone can come up with

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Flo wrote:Please also notice that I chose the system that favors my own opinion (which is extremist because I think everybody should provide a video) THE LEAST.
Flo wrote:Bring up a own system then that has absolutely no flaws. I ll do my best to be as nitpicky as possible and point out every single issue that could come up in a niche szenario. #votein2020
Or just accept that this will work out 99% of the time and you should see if you can find anything more important.

Because if this is the only thing you can find in the entirety of the current version, thats great!

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Nika »

#haveNikadecidetheRules

Flo

Post by Flo »

/r/the_donald

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

keep in mind before you guys vote:

-glitches through walls with enemys, minions and rezzscrolls...
-stucking enemys, useless and relevant npc's
-killing ghosts-race enemys with eoe + "ghost in the boxes" and getting energy from them as necro
-using teleports to get to places you arent allowed to be
-using the shield of absorption bug for 5 years+

...we were tolerating and allowing to use these bugs and made the community like it is.
if we compare the denied, gamebreaking coindrop glitch, with new glitches we find, we will not be able to do any glitches in the future again, which is the opposite of a speedclear community.

its a good idea to use "TAS", "standard" and "pure" records but there is a big differende between a slowload glitch with tools with like "toolbox", "Task-Manager" or just cutting of the network and a slowload with just guild wars and your keyboard.
i completly agree that a forced slowload with tools is a TAS cause you obviously used a tool for that.
but a slowload which is done by human skills and just the original guildwars and a keyboard without macros is a skill based thing like stucking enemys.

I hope you guys are able to read german-english and are not so braindead to set ridiculous rules on this community.

Flo

Post by Flo »

Flo wrote:We re 95%+ done here, and while I am in favor of thinking things through before implementing them, theres a time to act.

I ld like to wait for more feedback and objectivly better options until this Sunday, 04.06.2017 so we can start with the actual vote the following Monday, 05.06.2017. This thread has been open for around a month, so it would be great to get going somewhat soon.
If there are no more complaints or opinions on the topics mentioned above, great. If there are, please voice them until tomorrow.