Step 1: What is a "valid vote"?

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Re: What is a "valid vote"?

Post by Nika »

Im Home the 28th with very limited wifi access sooo yeah gonna answer around then

Mikelton
In-game name: Spirit Of The Beer
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Post by Mikelton »

Flo wrote: EDIT 12.04.2017 / 18:11

There has been a good bit of input and really little disagreement to some of the basic point (especially that a vote should be held).

This is what the next few steps could be
1. Wait a few more days for input in this thread
2. Set up a thread with some really basic points regarding a new decision making system for the rules (for example like a vote or that what Misty proposed)
3. See if we can get a consensus on the topic mentioned above
4. Determine how a vote would look like (anonymous? everyone can vote?)
5. Set up a vote if the current system should be kept (pure/standard/tas)
5.1 If 5 ends with "Yes (the system should be kept)" the case is settled and we ve established a voting system for upcoming problems
5.2 If 5 ends with "No (the system shouldnt be kept)" there has to be another vote to determine what is actually going to be implemented

I think this whole process will take us about ~4-6 weeks.

Disclaimer: The described approach (1-5.2) is NOT a decision, its an (in my eyes) reasonable approach to this subject without touching contentual stuff in an early stage (only 5. is acutal contentual and thats quite far down the line). If you agree or disagree, I ld like to hear your opinion - especially from the other mods if they would support the mentioned approach.
+1

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

Mikelton wrote:
Flo wrote: EDIT 12.04.2017 / 18:11

There has been a good bit of input and really little disagreement to some of the basic point (especially that a vote should be held).

This is what the next few steps could be
1. Wait a few more days for input in this thread
2. Set up a thread with some really basic points regarding a new decision making system for the rules (for example like a vote or that what Misty proposed)
3. See if we can get a consensus on the topic mentioned above
4. Determine how a vote would look like (anonymous? everyone can vote?)
5. Set up a vote if the current system should be kept (pure/standard/tas)
5.1 If 5 ends with "Yes (the system should be kept)" the case is settled and we ve established a voting system for upcoming problems
5.2 If 5 ends with "No (the system shouldnt be kept)" there has to be another vote to determine what is actually going to be implemented

I think this whole process will take us about ~4-6 weeks.

Disclaimer: The described approach (1-5.2) is NOT a decision, its an (in my eyes) reasonable approach to this subject without touching contentual stuff in an early stage (only 5. is acutal contentual and thats quite far down the line). If you agree or disagree, I ld like to hear your opinion - especially from the other mods if they would support the mentioned approach.
+1
+1

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict

Re: Step 1: What is a "valid vote"?

Post by Marcin »

Well I am stepping down as mod on this site, please count me out of the future discussions and so on for decisions etc on this page, and proceed with your discussions. Whenever admin one day miraculously comes back, please remove the green stuff from my name, thanks :) but from now, Ill be just a member of the community like Vivec.

Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Re: Step 1: What is a "valid vote"?

Post by Flo »

Thank you guys for stating your approval or in Marcins case for clarifying the situation.

I ll shortly make the next thread to proceed with:
"2. Set up a thread with some really basic points regarding a new decision making system for the rules (for example like a vote or that what Misty proposed)
3. See if we can get a consensus on the topic mentioned above"

Please remember we are still not engaging in a contentual discussion and not even in a discussion about the voting system itself, those will be the subject of the following threads.

Thank you for participating in the process so far and for travelling with Deutsche Bahn.