Removing [TAS] and [pure] / please flame inside

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Vivec
In-game name: Ashra Vivec
Guild: Guardians Of Lost Tempel [Golt]

Re: Removing [TAS] and [pure] / please flame inside

Post by Vivec »

Wrong. TAS (Tool Assisted Speedruns) are a fairly common thing. Which do way more than is currently even possible in GW. So IMO that's still a valid category. Also the point still stands that the general record activity in the last month was basically zero, so removing the categories again because there was no activity there is a bit premature. And as has been stated before - it doesn't cost anything to have those categories.

Jang
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Jang »

With every TB update the rules get extended and adjusted. Currently the TB is only providing small advantages for its users but the differences are getting bigger. In my opinion we should keep them as small as possible and should not allow every change for the sake of 'better looks' or laziness.

Furthermore I wasn't even aware that people still gave a fuck about TAS and Pure records, but judged by the amount of people who are still doing speedruns it's probably better to remove them as being able to go for a the same record under 3 different rulesets only decreases the competition.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Furthermore, removing TAS either means perniciously denying Kaspar's record after the fact just because it used coins, or retroactively deciding that coin drop was always acceptable in "standard" runs.

@Marcin: congratulations on your first discussion post since becoming a mod! Please explain 2 things for a slow old man:
1. Why are performance-enhancing drugs prohibited in competitive physical sports, whereas a healthy diet and a good night's sleep are encouraged? I was under the impression this was because the drugs offer an unsustainable temporary boost.
2. How is this applicable to GW?
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Marcin »

I don't post much here because all I do is voice my opinion and get shit on by the same group of people all the time, anyway I voted for mod cos I was tired of peoples hard work in the past taking ages to be approved with the 2 inactive mods.

However since there was something done about it and that we have more mods now, id happily step down since this site became a joke recently.
Flames aside, Please carry on with this discussion.

Ether
In-game name: Gate of Anguish
Guild: Loa

Post by Ether »

Marcin wrote:I don't post much here because all I do is voice my opinion and get shit on by the same group of people all the time.

LOL, and what do you do?

Marcin wrote: Yeah, brb pming FBGMs team for some movement macro cheats they use for the glitch spot which is really hard
Marcin wrote: its just a fbgm thing to tie records
Marcin wrote: I'd reccomend joining [DS] Livia if you wanna join the toolbox crying squad :D..... I see this as a desperate attempt to try get a record you just can't do without the help of cheats

Marcin wrote:And thats impressive 4men record, still faster than any DS doa casual

fuckin sad lmao

anyways i think keeping the categories does no harm. people may eventually find some new gamebreaking glitch that we will all argue over again and have to put it under TAS.

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Obviously they're going to be low-activity categories. But where's the harm in keeping them?
I think there is interest in these categories, but something like a TAS is not cooked up in an afternoon. As has been said already, a sizeable part of the community is currently busy pursuing other records.

Befi
In-game name: Befi Goes Ele
Guild: [hC]

Post by Befi »

add normal mode records for more discussions!
you guys are making everything so complicated...

Nina Fow Addict
In-game name: Nina Fow Addict
Guild: SenT

Post by Nina Fow Addict »

TAS should be able to do ik in mostly many others game ive speedrunned there is a TAS categorie so shouldnt be a problem that we know the record is doing by a bot who do all perfect to see the most valuable time of an area. I rather have this than a guy who cheat in a real reccord and say he have doing it by his own hand skills :)