Removing [TAS] and [pure] / please flame inside

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Flo
In-game name: Hi Im Undercover
Guild: Golt

Removing [TAS] and [pure] / please flame inside

Post by Flo »

Flo wrote:Splitting the rules regarding 3rd party tools in 3 different categories (only for elite areas, only 1 month as a test)
Since we re GWSCR it was over 2 months, but hey, thats still below average timewise.

Anyways, as a reminder: 2 people (Marcin, Mike) voted NO on this, 1 person (Has) voted YES and 2 people (Nika, Flo) voted for trying it out for 1 month as described above.

So let me break down the statistics for those 2 months:
0 new pure records have been done
0 pure records have been posted
0 new TAS records have been done
1 TAS record has been posted

It was a nice experiment, but I think its safe to say there is absolutely no interest in doing a record in one of those categories.

Now tell us why YOU think the categories should be kept/changed, because I now tend to agree with Marcin and Mike that those categories shouldnt exist anymore or shouldnt have in the first place.

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Removing [TAS] and [pure] / please flame inside

Post by Misty »

Well, only 4 elite area records have been posted at all, include current meta 17 min DoA and an unapproved solo DoA. I don't see any reason to remove those extra categories; maybe in the future someone will have some entries, and what is the harm in keeping the category open? A significant chunk of the record community is busy pushing for a long-term record (16 min DoA), and once that's achieved we'll have time for different things like maybe DoA with spiker bots or solo UW with tele hacks. IMO keep them open at least until there's any warning that there could be a problem.

If you want a real problem to care about, here are several:
1. the game's activity still seems to be declining - how can we attract more people to the SC record scene so we have some competition?
2. the only admin of this site is completely inactive, and we have hardly any mods... when are we going to address the issue of moving to a new site/subreddit?
3. we apparently failed to reach a consensus about Toolbox minimap being allowed in records, and now mods are changing rules independently of the community's approval
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Ima Go Farm Now
In-game name: Ima Go Farm Now
Guild: [SenT]

Post by Ima Go Farm Now »

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

8. The use of third party tools is prohibited by the EULA, and not endorsed by GWSCR. Some uses of 3rd party tools are tolerated, such as visual modifications (i.e. texmod) or tools that simplify in-game actions that can be also done manually without them. In general, it is ok if one player input corresponds to a game action (macro, i.e. hotkey to use a res scroll or a skill) and it is not ok if a tool keeps running and triggering events (bot, i.e. automatic res scroll, rupt bots). The only exception to this is automatic pcon (maintainable buffs) usage, which is allowed.

9. Toolbox Minimap feature is forbidden.
In my opinion everything from the toolbox minimap cant be reproduced by a simple macro so it has no place in records.

In my world this is the little step too far.

Good players wont be affected if minimap is forbidden and not-so-good players will be mad they lost their best tool what replaces any skill(if there even is something like that)

If it comes to a vote or discussion this is my opinion about this topic. This requires to have a video from every pov so lets talk about this again too!

Misty

Post by Misty »

Karia wrote:Good players wont be affected if minimap is forbidden
Then why do you care? It affects me because I LIKE using it, and playing with the ugly default compass is less enjoyable, just like not having texmod. It's not playing the game for me (unlike movement macros that Golt apparently refuse to play without), and I'm perfectly happy to concede that targeting with it shouldn't be allowed. Forbidding it completely just makes the game uglier.
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Then why do you care?
I guess i said it alrdy before right? Everything from the toolbox minimap cant be reproduced by a simple macro so it has no place in records. So its more about something sticking to rules than preference.

So just because you like it more doesnt make it less suspicous, and even more important less banworthy.

And i dont know why you bring up movement macros and try to accuse my guild for defending them. Players can use movement macros if they want, for not dying in MLK Glitchspot for example. But then they dont deserve a record in my opinion no matter what the ruleset says and ofc no respect (atleast from my side)

Ban everything thats not reproducable by a macro.

But ok, if the minimap is so important you cant play without it idc, play with and make it legal so you stop crying about it. Just dont expect a "Good Job!" from my side.

Damn, that makes me feel so french.

Misty

Post by Misty »

I was under the impression that your DoA team was somewhat reliant on movement macros, and that was a major motivation for leaving them permitted for records. Are you saying nobody on your team uses movement macros?

If I submit a video where I have the TB minimap open but you can see I never use it to target enemies, would you really say "this record is not impressive to me"? Its only purpose is to scrub out the ugly background so I can see the battlefield as it actually is - how is that a hack or a cheat?
Flo wrote:
Sadly, Misty is right.

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

I just don't see a reason to remove them.

also, fyi texmods cannot be replicated with macros.
+1

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

Sigh*
Well we need seperate topics for anything Map&Toolbox related and discussing these sections.

To the topic:
honestly i don't understand why we should remove these sections. It's not like they're costing us.
I'm actually really hoping someone would come and HACK THE SHIT out of the game and show me something unbelieveable (well we've seen idbug sooooo) and show me how he did it.

I would understand removing Pure to be honest, that's the reason were trying our best to keep the current rules moderate. (Note at this point: scroll spam and immediate pcons pop are highly doubted by me).

Marcin
In-game name: Marcin Fow Addict

Post by Marcin »

Yeah lets also petition to the Olympics to allow steroid+drug use and see what amazing times people can do!

Cheating/hacking isn't welcome in the record scene anywhere

Edit: @Misty fyi our team doesn't use that kind of rubbish to aid us in our speedruns, if you need to use movement macros for doa speedruns, its pretty sad..