Speedclear tournament 2k17

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back
Guild: [SenT]

Speedclear tournament 2k17

Post by Nika »

Also if you want to confirm a team, just post it here, including a cool teamname ;)) <3

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Re: Speedclear tournament 2k17

Post by Misty »

What is this, a SC tournament for mice?

I've already expressed my thoughts about this to Zan, and very little of that seems to be reflected here... I don't believe the tournament will work well like this.
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

livia
In-game name: Livia La Jolie

Post by livia »

@Misty, ok

Cruz
In-game name: Ashei Cruz
Guild: IT

Post by Cruz »

Misty wrote:I've already expressed my thoughts about this to Zan, and very little of that seems to be reflected here... I don't believe the tournament will work well like this.
Would you mind expressing them in this thread?

Nika

Post by Nika »

Yeah i was too lazy after i deleted the thread accidently so i just used a screen :D

And yeha zan told me about your ideas, so i did not include them to make sure it will work!

Jang

Post by Jang »

i think we should lower the party size to like 6 people per team because for some guilds 10 player teams caused difficulties last time already (i believe) and the player base has decreased since. we probably could make a 10-15 man team for eee right now but we wouldn't have anybody to compete against.

EDIT: It would be cool too if this tournament would be up for a longer duration so you don't have to rush it and do 1 area a day.

Karia
In-game name: Karia De La Arcx
Guild: [Golt]

Post by Karia »

Well, you could tell us here about your thoughts what will make the tournament successfull @Misty. Since we all want to have a fun and fair competition.

@Jang: Having large groups makes it always difficult to organize. But lower the teamsize isnt the best way cause it makes it even more difficult (in terms of actual skill) and the time-range is much larger

10 players is just perfect so you cant fill the teams with 8doa/8fow/8uw-main players

EDIT: Making it harder actually doesnt soud that bad :D

haskhasin

Post by haskhasin »

Overall I think that we should encourage as many teams as possible to participate. The goal would be to have as many submissions in each area as possible, but I suspect most team don't want to do every area, so there should be positive rewards for putting effort into areas, even if you can't get the best time. In my opinion, each area should have the same weight, for two reasons: (1) we are trying to beat each other's times, not the all time record, so any area has the same value in that, and (2) some teams are heavily focused on one area, and it would be unfair to weight that more than others.

Overall I would propose a WRC scoring system. Like in rally, we have different areas (=tracks) where we each run independently to achieve a fast time. For each area, 1st place gets a number of points, 2nd place a bit less points, etc.
Position 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Points 25 18 15 12 10 8 6 4 2 1
WRC uses the above points, but we may want to change it since we probably expect less participants. You can get some alternative scoring from earlier F1 seasons here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... ng_systems (the current system is the same as WRC). Edit: it also should be second-based to avoid ties imho.

We may want to keep our times private and reveal all of them at the end, to encourage competition and don't give advantage to teams who are able to do more runs the last few days.

Lastly, I agree with changing up the difficulty or rules to break the usual 8man team that we all run every day. It would be fun to have something like 6-7 man or maybe same profession list (e.g. each team chooses a setup like, idk, 2 rangers 2 mes 2 sin 2 paras and have to do all areas with that setup) or no more than x same-profession per team, idk. Just something to spice things a bit, prevent people from running the same thing as always and have to actually think a bit :)

Nika

Post by Nika »

I like the idea with the 6 people party size. Still 8 people per team. Im not so fond of professionlocks, that's only cool if we para only.
I agree with alex point tho.
However in the end we shouldnt all tie some current meta record in these runs, but show which results we can get in a short time of runs - i do see that this is a disatvantage for people that are less active.

Every area does have the same weight yeah, was obv to me sorry, didn't include it!

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

Cruz wrote:
Misty wrote:I've already expressed my thoughts about this to Zan, and very little of that seems to be reflected here... I don't believe the tournament will work well like this.
Would you mind expressing them in this thread?
Karia wrote:Well, you could tell us here about your thoughts what will make the tournament successfull @Misty. Since we all want to have a fun and fair competition.
yeah sorry I will get around to typing it out soonish - just a bit busy IRL atm koz my girlfriend is here for a couple of days and I don't wanna ignore her while writing a long post on here xD
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.