Speedclear tournament 2k17

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
Jang
Guild: [SenT]

Re: Speedclear tournament 2k17

Post by Jang »

As I said before I would like it to be shorter aswell. Reason for that is that if you have time pressure you won't do annoying record attempt like speedruns.
The issue SenT had on the previous tournament was that we approached it the wrong way. We set a goal for every area and resigned all runs that weren't fast enough to match it.
However if people have to finish 3+ areas a day to do all of them in time you will kinda have to roll with what you get.

So IMO if we do all elite areas and all dungeons 5-6 days would be perfect and for elite areas + 5 dungeons 3 days.

Nika
In-game name: Nika Iz Back

Post by Nika »

But then you need a timeperiod of 4 weeks or so, so the group can handpick these 3 days for themselves (like a weekend everyone has time). This should be about speedclearing skill not who has the least rl friends ;)

I guess we will test this in march, not changing any of the currently given rules aka:
8men partys, 10men groups, 3 weeks time 5 elite and 5 dungs.
Let's see if our community can make this work and if yes we can alter the rules and do it more often.

From now on please only posts about funding the whole event and team registration!

Nika

Post by Nika »

Canceling this because of lack of teams.

We will have another try in 2 months or so, hopefully with more participants - let's have some fun!

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

suggestion for next time: reach out to the wider community instead of just the record players who inhabit this site
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Nika

Post by Nika »

Sooo ehere else to advertise than ally chat pm guild leaders Reddit and gwscr?
Not even the guilds of our ally take part because afraid of loosing, how can you expect some random "wider come" pugs to do that?
Srsly misty use ur brain for once if u got one

Misty
In-game name: ____ of the Owls
Guild: Illumination Theory [IT]

Post by Misty »

So your solution is to do nothing different and just hope for a different result? Nice one... What I had in mind was changing the rules and/or prize system to appeal to people other than the obvious winners. As for how exactly to do this, ask them!
Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 am
Sadly, Misty is right.

Kaspar
In-game name: Noobish Was Me
Guild: FBGM

Post by Kaspar »

The problem is that there are too few high level players left. With 8 man teams there will be one or at best two teams who are going to literally crush everyone else and nobody else has a chance.

Team sizes would have to be a lot smaller. 5 man teams maximum (preferably even smaller) or you decide the winner before the tournament even begins.