rule update

Post content relevant to Guild Wars. This includes, but is not limited to: screenshots, guides, tutorials, questions & answers, etc.
haskhasin

rule update

Post by haskhasin »

Hello,

rule-sets were a mess: elite areas rules were not properly updated, dungeons did not have rules (wtf?) and mission records were mostly duplicated. I updated the rules to include the new video-requirement, made a single generic post referenced by each section.

The spirit of the rules should not have changed, with the exception of forcing videos. Let me know if there are issues with the wording.

For transparency, i copied here the old elite area rules:
1.) Records are based on trust. Please do not attempt to fake screenshots, i.e.: Using photoshop to edit them, using disconnection tricks to manipulate the in-game timer and/or party list, etc. All we have is screenshots and no real way to verify your accomplishments. Because of this, some people may, and will fake screenshots. Any team attempting to fake a record, will see its members banned from any futur record.

2.) For a record to be valid, the time must be faster than or equal to the current record displayed on the main page. Time is determined by the in-game /age command, which must be displayed in your screenshots.

3.) No records will be accepted if someone else managed to accomplish it with less people- i.e.: If there is a 10 minute 6-man Underworld record, your screenshot of an 11 minute 8-man Underworld will not be accepted, even if no one else entered in that party-size category.

4.) The area must be fully completed. i.e.: For FoW, Deep, Dungeons and Urgoz this means that the end chest must be spawned. For UW the quest "The Nightman Cometh" must be completed. For DoA, it means that all 4 gates blocking the path to the adjacent areas must be unlocked by the completion of the appropriate task; this is for city: accepting the final quest reward, veil: killing all spawns of the dreadspawn maw, gloom: killing the earth tormentors that spawn from the darknesses, foundry: killing the fury and his group.

5.) The party list must always be fully displayed in at least one of your record screenshots, and if the party is larger than 1 player, multiple screens must be posted. Posting a video is highly encouraged.

6.) The u-map must be displayed in at least one of the screenshots to ensure the dc trick was not put into effect.

7.) The F11 window must be displayed in at least one of the screenshots to ensure the current Guild Wars Client version is used.

8.) The use of third party tool is prohibited by the EULA, it's at your own risks.

9.) What is officially being tolerated by the GWSCR rules set is to use 3rd party tools that simplify ingame actions which can be also done manually (pcons pop, hotkeys,...) and ingame timers. Tools that enable you to do actions which can not be done manually (teleport hack, target boo, quests, ...) are not permitted. Also records including the repetitive usage of the ID-Bug (which should be fixed by the update of 8th September 2016) will be denied.

10.) Have fun, and good luck!

haskhasin

Re: rule update

Post by haskhasin »